Comprehensive organic synthesis : selectivity, strategy, and efficiency in modern organic chemistry
- editor-in-chief Barry M. Trost, deputy editor-in-chief Ian Fleming.
- 1st ed.
- Oxford, England ; New York : Pergamon Press, 1991.
- Physical description
- 9 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: v.1-
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.1||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.2||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.3||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.4||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.5||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.6||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.7||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.8||In-library use|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.9||In-library use|
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Library has: v.1-
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.1||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.2||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.3||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.4||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.5||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.6||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.7||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.8||Available|
|QD262 .C535 1991 V.9||Available|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Selected contents: 1. Additions to C-X Bonds, Part 1. Nonstabilized carbanion equivalents. Heteroatom-stabilized carbanion equivalents. Transformation of the carbonyl group into nonhydroxylic groups. Author index. Subject index. 2. Additions to C-X Bonds, Part 2. Uncatalyzed additions of nucleophilic alkenes to C=X. Catalyzed additions of nulceophilic alkenes to C=X. Addition-elimination reactions (acylations). Additions of nucleophilic alkenes to C=NR and C=NR2+. Author index. Subject index. 3. Carbon-Carbon Bond Formation. Alkylation of carbon. Coupling reactions. Rearrangement reactions. Other carbon-carbon bond forming reactions. Author index. Subject index. 4. Additions to and Substitutions at C-C Bonds. Polar additions to activated alkenes and alkynes. Nucleophilic aromatic substitutions. Polar additions to alkenes and alkynes. Nonpolar additions to alkenes and alkynes. Author index. Subject index. 5. Combining C-C Bonds. Ene reactions. [2+2] cycloadditions. [3+2] cycloadditions. [4+2] cycloadditions. Higher-order cycloadditions. Electrocyclic processes. Sigmatropic processes. Small-ring rearrangements. Other transition metal associated reactions. Author index. Subject index. 6. Heteroatom Manipulation. Displacement by substitution processes. Acylation-type reactions. Protecting groups. Functional group interconversion. Elimination reactions. Author index. Subject index. 7. Oxidation. Oxidation of unactivated C-H bonds. Oxidation of activated C-H bonds. Oxidation of C=C bonds. Oxidation of C-X bonds. Oxidation of C-C bonds. Oxidation of heteroatoms. Special topics. Author index. Subject index. 8. Reduction. Reduction of C=X bonds. Reduction of X=Y bonds. Reduction of C=C and C C bonds. Reduction of C-X to C-H. Author index. Subject index. 9. Indexes. Cumulative author index. Cumulative subject index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The development of more effective routes to known materials and the production of new materials are important goals in many areas, including electronics, agriculture, medicine and textiles. Organic synthesis is central to achieving these goals. "Comprehensive Organic Synthesis" draws together the common themes that underlie the many apparently disparate areas of organic chemistry which underpin synthetic strategies, thus providing a comprehensive overview of this important discipline. The contributions have been organized to reflect the way in which synthetic chemists approach a problem. In terms of organic molecules, the work is divided into formation of carbon-carbon bonds, introduction of heteroatoms and heteroatom interconversions. Thus, Volumes 1-5 focus on carbon-carbon formation, but also include aspects of heteroatom introduction. Volumes 6-8 concentrate on interconversion of heteroatoms, but also deal with exchange of carbon-carbon bonds for carbon-heteroatom bonds. Organization of the chapters is along the theme of selectivity, which is a critical question in determining the suitability of a synthetic method. Volume 9 contains cumulative author and subject indexes. "Comprehensive Organic Synthesis" will appeal to a wide audience. The set will be an essential reference work for all those seeking information on the solution of synthetic problems, whether they be experienced practitioners or chemists whose major interests lie outside organic synthesis. In addition, synthetic chemists requiring the essential facts in new areas, as well as students completely new to the field, will find "Comprehensive Organic Synthesis" an invaluable source, providing authoritative accounts of the essential facts and concepts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0080405940 (v.3)
- 9780080405940 (v.3)
- 0080405967 (v.5)
- 9780080405964 (v.5)
- 0080405924 (v.1)
- 9780080405926 (v.1)
- 0080405932 (v.2)
- 9780080405933 (v.2)
- 0080405975 (v.6)
- 9780080405971 (v.6)
- 0080405959 (v.4)
- 9780080405957 (v.4)
- 0080405991 (v.8)
- 9780080405995 (v.8)
- 0080406009 (v.9)
- 9780080406008 (v.9)
- 0080405983 (v.7)
- 9780080405988 (v.7)
Browse related items
Start at call number: