Van Nostrand's encyclopedia of chemistry
- 5th ed. / edited by Glenn D. Considine.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, c2005.
- Physical description
- xiv, 1831 p. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
QD4 .V36 2005
- In-library use QD4 .V36 2005
- Considine, Glenn D.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Scientists, engineers, and technologists in many fields need a knowledge of chemistry because of the importance of chemistry in diverse technologies. In addition, to "classical" topics of chemistry, the new Encyclopedia covers nanotechnology, fuel cell technology, green chemistry, forensic chemistry, supramolecular chemistry, combinatorial chemistry, materials chemistry, and proteomics. This fifth print edition has been revised and updated, and includes over 200 new articles, as well as 1,300 updated articles.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of chemistry
- Rev. ed. of: Van Nostrand Reinhold encyclopedia of chemistry. 4th ed. c1984.
- Related Work
- Van Nostrand Reinhold encyclopedia of chemistry.