- Jay Lehr, editor in chief ; Jack Keeley, senior editor ; Janet Lehr, associate editor ; Thomas B. Kingery III, information technology director.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2005.
- Physical description
- 5 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
Library has: 5 v.
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.1||In-library use|
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.2||In-library use|
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.3||In-library use|
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.4||In-library use|
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.5||In-library use|
Marine Biology Library (Miller)
Library has: v.4
|TD345 .L393 2005 V.4||In-library use|
- Preface. Contributors. Oceanography. Air-Sea Interaction. NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory. Laboratory Experiments On Bivalve Excretion Rates of Nutrients. Temporal Scaling of Benthic Nutrient Regeneration in Bivalve-Dominated Tidal Flat. Breakwaters. The Ocean in Climate. Coastal Waters. Marine Colloids. Deep Water Corals. Marine Debris Abatement. Larvae and Small Species of Polychaetes in Marine Toxilogical Testing. El Nino: The Interannual Prediction Problem. Renewable Energies from the Ocean. Estuarian Waters. NOS/NMFS Cooperative Research on Coastal Fisheries and Habitats at the Beaufort Laboratory. Distribution and Dynamics of Gas Hydrates in the Marine Environment. Oceanographic Environment of Glacier Bay. NOS Sanctuaries Protect Nation's Maritime History. Quantification of Anoxia and Hypoxia in Water Bodies. Floating Ice. Technology Development: Hardware Development-Marine Instrumentation Laboratory (MIL). Seasonal Coupling Between Intertidal Macrofauna and Sediment Column Porewater Nutrient Concentrations. Mapping the Sea Floor of the Historic Area Remediation Site (HARS) Offshore of New York City. NOAA and University Scientists Study Methyl Bromide Cycling in the North Pacific. Tidally Mediated Changes in Nutrient Concentrations. The Role of Oceans in the Global Cycles of Climatically-Active Trace-Gases. Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory-30 Years of Observing The Ocean. Seawater Temperature Estimates in Paleoceanography. Physical Oceanography. Coastal Water Pollutants. Trace Element Pollution. Coral Reefs and Your Coastal Watershed. Sea Level and Climate. The Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level. Marine and Estuarine Microalgal Sediment Toxicity Tests. Marine Stock Enhancement Techniques. Physical and Chemical Variability of Tidal Streams. Black Water Turns the Tide on Florida Coral. Shallow Water Waves. Water Waves. Woods Hole: The Early Years. An Analysis of the International Maritime Organization-London Convention Annual Ocean Dumping Reports. Marine Sources of Halocarbons. Food Chain/Foodweb/Food Cycle. Plankton. Major Ions in Seawater. Tsunami. Meteorology. Ballooning and Meteorology in the Twentieth Century. Barometric Efficiency. CERES: Understanding The Earth's Clouds and Climate. Chinook. Global Climate Change. Observations of Climate and Global Change from Real-Time Measurements. Overview: The Climate System. Climate and Society. What is Climatology? Cloud Seeding. Condensation. Cosmic Water. The Water Cycle. Cyclones. Water Cycle. Degree Day Method. Desertification. Dew. Dew Deserts. Dew Point. Droughts. Drought Indices. The Earth Observing System: Aqua. Entropy Theory For Hydrologic Modeling. Evaporation. Evapotranspiration. Fog. Coastal Fog Along the Northern Gulf of Mexico. Rain Forests. Frost. Frost Damage. The Global Water Cycle. Ground-Based GPS Meteorology at FSL. Climate and Water Balance on the Island of Hawaii. Heat of Vaporization. Hydrologic History, Problems, and Perspectives. Humidity-Absolute. Relative Humidity. Hurricanes: Modeling Nature's Fury. Hydrologic Cycle. Hydrosphere. Hydrologic Cycle, Water Resources, and Society. Isohyetal Method. What About Meteorology? Basic Research for Military Applications. Uncertainties in Rainfall-Runoff Modeling. Monsoon. African Monsoons. Permanent Frost. Radar Use in Rainfall Measurements. Rainfall. Rainfall and Runoff. Remote Sensing of Applications in Hydrology. Atmospheric Scientists. Rain Simulators. Snow Density. Flattop Mountain Snotel Snowpack: Water Year 2004. Snow and Snowmelt. Snow Surveys. A Statistical Approach to Critical Storm Period Analysis. Sublimation. Transpiration. Waterspout. United States Weather Bureau. Weather Forecasting Through The Ages. Overview of Weather Systems. Unit Hydrograph Theory. Weather and the Atmosphere. Vapor Pressure. Adiabatic Cooling. Rain and Rocks: The Recipe for River Water Chemistry. Physics and Chemistry of Water. Acid Rain and Society. Adsorption Capacity of Activated Carbon for Water Purification. Adsorption of Organic Compounds. Age Dating Old Groundwater. Ammonia. Beryllium in Water. Dissolved Organic Carbon. Mechanisms of Water Adsorption on Carbons. The Effect of Carbon Surface Chemical Composition on the Mechanism of Phenol Adsorption from Aqueous Solutions. Carbonate Geochemistry. Carbonate in Natural Waters. Chlorine-36 and Very Old Groundwaters. Chloroflurocarbons (CFCs). Coagulation and Flocculation. Conductivity-Electric. Conservation and the Water Cycle. Defluroidation. Deuterium. Distilled Water. Electricity as a Fluid. Analysis of Aqueous Solutions Using Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (esi ms). Fenton's Reaction and Groundwater Remediation. Where Water Floats. Freshwater. Dissolved Gases. Hard Water. An Analysis of The Impact of Water on Health and Aging: Is All Water The Same? Heavy Water. Henry's Law. Hofmeister Effects. Clathrate Hydrates. Hydration. The Mirage of The H2 Economy. Hydrogen Ion. The Hydronium Ion. Infiltration and Soil Moisture Processes. Ion Exchange and Inorganic Adsorption. Iron. Isotopes. Isotope Fractionation. Mariotte Bottle-Use in Hydrology. Mars Exploration Rover Mission. Removal of Organic Micropollutants and Metal Ions from Aqueous Solutions by Activated Carbons. Molecular Network Dynamics. In Situ Chemical Monitoring. Nitrogen. Osmosis-Diffusion of Solvent or Caused by Diffusion of Solutes? Partitioning and Bioavailability. Physical Properties. Environmental Photochemistry in Surface Waters. Isotope Exchange in Gas-Water Reactions. Radon in Water. Silica in Natural Waters. Sodium in Natural Waters. Soft Water. Solubility of Chemicals in Water. Solubility of Hydrocarbons in Salt Water. Solubility of Hydrocarbons and Sulfur Compounds in Water. Sorption Kinetics. Sound in Water. Water on the Space Station. Strontium Isotopes in Water and Rock. Technetium in Water. Water-Nature's Magician. Freezing and Supercooling of Water. Chemical Precipitation. Antimony in Aquatic Systems. Water Law and Economics. The Clean Water Act. Clean Water Act, Water Quality Criteria/Standards, TMDLs, and Weight-of-Evidence Approach for Regulating Water Quality. The Constitution and Early Attempts at Rational Water Planning. Economic Value of Water: Estimation. Water Supply Planning-Federal. Flood Control Act of 1994. Great Lakes Governors' Agreement. U.S./Canadian Boundary Waters Treaty and the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement. Great Lakes Water Quality Initiative. Quantitative GroundWater Law. Islamic Water Law. Transboundary Waters in Latin America: Conflicts and Collaboration. United States-Mexico Border Waters: Conventions, Treaties, and Institutions. Negotiating between Authority and Polluters: An Approach to Managing Water Quality. Water Resource Organizations. A Brief History of the Water Pollution Control Act in the U.S.. The National Pollution Discharge Elimination System. Legal Protection for In-stream Flow. Water Quality. Interface between Federal Water Quality Regulation and State Allocation of Water Quantity. Regulatory Issues and Remediation: Risk, Costs, and Benefits. The Safe Drinking Water Act. Representing Geopolitics of (Hydro) Borders in South Asia. Water Transfers. Reserved Water Rights for Indian and Federal Lands. Wetlands Policy in the United States: From Drainage to Restoration. Water History, Art, and Culture. Curious Uses of AgriculturalWater in the World. Water Between Arabs and Israelis: Researching Twice-Promised Resources. The Myth of Bad Cholesterol: Why Water Is A Better Cholesterol-Lowering Medication. Early Clocks. Water Clocks. Our Evolving Water Consciousness. Effective Water Education Strategies in a Nontraditional Setting. Evolution. History of Pond Fisheries in Poland. Water: The Key to Natural Health And Healing. Water in History. Hoover Dam History. Hydropsychology. Jacob's Well. Jaubert de Passa: The First World History of Irrigation in 1846. Benjamin Franklin: From Kite to Lightning Rod. Water and the History of Man. Water, Bacteria, Life on Mars, and Microbial Diversity. Canals in the Mekong Delta: A Historical Overview from 200 C.E. to the Present. Conflict and Water Use in the Middle East. Benjamin Franklin's Armonica: A Water Music Instrument. Water Transportation Occupations. A Concise Glimpse of Water in the History of Photography. Water as a Human Right. Ancient Water and Soil Conservation Ecosystems of Sri Lanka. Ben Franklin's Gulf Stream Weather and Swim Fins. Water Symbolism. Gordon and Franklin Rivers and the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The Mistake of Waiting to Get Thirsty. Water and Well-Being. Free Flowing Water: A Source of Wisdom. The Medicinal Properties of the Waters of Saratoga Springs. A History of Hawaiian Freshwater Resources. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736844 20160528
- Preface. Contributors. Water Quality Control. Acid Mine Drainage-Extent and Character. The Control of Algal Populations in Eutrophic Water Bodies. Arsenic Compounds in Water. Arsenic Health Effects. Background Concentration of Pollutants. Waterborne Bacteria. Water Assessment and Criteria. Physiological Biomarkers and the Trondheim Biomonitoring System. Biomarkers, Bioindicators, and the Trondheim Biomonitoring System. Active Biomonitoring (ABM) by Translocation of Bivalve Molluscs. Biochemical Oxygen Demand and Other Organic Pollution Measures. Biodegradation. Bioluminescent Biosensors for Toxicity Testing. Biomanipulation. Genomic Technologies in Biomonitoring. Macrophytes as Biomonitors of Trace Metals. Biosorption of Toxic Metals. Bromide Influence on Trihalomethane and Haloacetic Acid Formation. Activated Carbon: Ion Exchange and Adsorption Properties. Activated Carbon-Powdered. Chlorination. Chlorination By-Products. Classification and Environmental Quality Assessment in Aquatic Environments. Coagulation and Flocculation in Practice. Colloids and Dissolved Organics: Role in Membrane and Depth Filtration. Column Experiments in Saturated Porous Media Studying Contaminant Transport. Cytochrome P450 Monooxygenase as an Indicator of PCB/Dioxin-Like Compounds in Fish. Water Related Diseases. Dishwashing Water Quality Properties. Disinfection By-Product Precursor Removal from Natural Waters. Alternative Disinfection Practices and Future Directions for Disinfection By-Product Minimization. Water Quality Aspects of Dredged Sediment Management. The Economics of Water Quality. Understanding Escherichia Coli O157:H7 and the Need for Rapid Detection in Water. Eutrophication and Organic Loading. Trace Element Contamination in Groundwater of District Hardwar, Uttaranchal, India. Iron Bacteria. Cartridge Filters for Iron Removal. Irrigation Water Quality in Areas Adjoining River Yamuna At Delhi, India. Water Sampling and Laboratory Safety. Municipal Solid Waste Landfills-Water Quality Issues. Land Use Effects on Water Quality. Monitoring Lipophilic Contaminants in the Aquatic Environment using the SPMD-TOX Paradigm. Use of Luminescent Bacteria and the Lux Genes For Determination of Water Quality. Water Quality Management. Water Quality Management and Nonpoint Source Control. Water Quality Management in an Urban Landscape. Water Quality Management in the U.S.: History of Water Regulation. Water Quality Management in a Forested Landscape. Trace Metal Speciation. Metal Ion Humic Colloid Interaction. Heavy Metal Uptake Rates Among Sediment Dwelling Organisms. Methemoglobinemia. Microbial Activities Management. Microbial Dynamics of Biofilms. Microbial Enzyme Assays for Detecting Heavy Metal Toxicity. Microbial Forms in Biofouling Events. Microbiological Quality Control in Distribution Systems. Water Quality Models for Developing Soil Management Practices. Water Quality Modeling-Case Studies. Field Sampling and Monitoring of Contaminants. Water Quality Models: Chemical Principles. Water Quality Models: Mathematical Framework. Environmental Applications with Submitochondrial Particles. Interest in the Use of an Electronic Nose for Field Monitoring of Odors in the Environment. Oil-Field Brine. Oil Pollution. Indicator Organisms. pH. Perchloroethylene (PCE) Removal. A Primer on Water Quality. Overview of Analytical Methods of Water Analyses With Specific Reference to EPA Methods for Priority Pollutant Analysis. Source-Water Protection. Protozoa in Water. Water Quality. Water Quality. Emerging and Recalcitrant Compounds in Groundwater. Road Salt. Review of River Water Quality Modeling Software Tools. River Water Quality Calibration. Salmonella: Monitoring and Detection in Drinking Water. Lysimeter Soil Water Sampling. Regulatory and Security Requirements for Potable Water. A Weight of Evidence Approach to Characterize Sediment Quality Using Laboratory and Field Assays: An Example For Spanish Coasts. Remediation and Bioremediation of Selenium-Contaminated Waters. Shellfish Growing Water Classification. Sorptive Filtration. Quality of Water in Storage. Quality of Water Supplies. The Submitochondrial Particle Assay as a Biological Monitoring Tool. Microscale Test Relationships to Responses to Toxicants in Natural Systems. Toxicity Identification Evaluation. Whole Effluent Toxicity Controls. Development and Application of Sediment Toxicity Tests for Regulatory Purposes. Algal Toxins in Water. Ground Water Quality in Areas Adjoining River Yamuna at Delhi, India. Chlorine Residual. Source Water Quality Management. Dose-Response of Mussels to Chlorine. Metallothioneins as Indicators of Trace Metal Pollution. Amphipod Sediment Toxicity Tests. Ciliated Protists as Test Organisms in Toxicity Assessment. SOFIE: An Optimized Approach for Exposure Tests and Sediment Assays. Passive Treatment of Acid Mine Drainage (Wetlands). Biomarkers and Bioaccumulation: Two Lines of Evidence to Assess Sediment Quality. Lead and its Health Effects. Microbial Detection of Various Pollutants as an Early System for Monitoring of Water Quality and Ecological Integrity of Natural Resources, in Russia. Luminescent Bacterial Biosensors for the Rapid Detection of Toxicants. Development and Application of Sediment. Toxicity Test for Regulatory Purposes. Water Resource Development and Management. Water Resources Challenges in the Arab World. Effluent Water Regulations in Arid Lands. California-Continually the Nation's Leader in Water Use. Lessons from the Rising Caspian. Institutional Aspects of Water Management in China. Will Water Scarcity Limit China's Agricultural Potential? Water and Coastal Resources. Water Use Conservation and Efficiency. Conservation of Water. The Development of American Water Resources: Planners, Politicians, and Constitutional Interpretation. Water Markets: Transaction Costs and Institutional Options. Averting Water Disputes. Water Supply and Water Resources: Distribution System Research. Drought in the Dust Bowl Years. Drought Management Planning. Drought and Water Supply Management. Assessment of Ecological Effects in Water-Limited Environments. Reaching Out: Public Education and Community Involvement in Groundwater Protection. Integration of Environmental Impacts into Water Resources Planning. The Expansion of Federal Water Projects. Flood Control History in the Netherlands. Food and Water in an Emergency. Water Demand Forecasting. Remote Sensing and GIS Application in Water Resources. Globalization of Water. Water Science Glossary of Terms. Harvesting Rainwater. Urban Water Resource and Management in Asia: Ho Chi Minh City. Hydropower-Energy from Moving Water. Water Markets in India: Economic and Institutional Aspects. Water Resources of India. Water Infrastructure and Systems. Overview and Trends in the International Water Market. Best Management Practices for Water Resources. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM). Management of Water Resources for Drought Conditions. Water Resources Management. NASA Helping to Understand Water Flow in the West. Transboundary Water Conflicts in the Nile Basin. Planning and Managing Water Infrastructure. Application of the Precautionary Principle to Water Science. Water Pricing. Spot Prices, Option Prices, and Water Markets. Water Managed in the Public Trust. Water Recycling and Reuse: The Environmental Benefits. State and Regional Water Supply. River Basin Decisions Support Systems. Water Resource Sustainability: Concepts and Practices. The Provision of Drinking Water and Sanitation in Developing Countries. Sustainable Management of Natural Resources. Sustainable Water Management On Mediterranean Islands: Research and Education. Meeting Water Needs in Developing Countries with Tradable Rights. Water Use in the United States. How We Use Water in These United States. Valuing Water Resources. Water-Here, There, and Everywhere in Canada. Water Conservation-Every Drop Counts in Canada. Ecoregions: A Spatial Framework for Environmental Management. Flood of Portals on Water. Fuzzy Criteria for Water Resources Systems Performance Evaluation. Participatory Multicriteria Flood Management. Water Resources Systems Analysis. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736868 20160528
- Preface.Contributors.Ground Water.Acid Mine Drainage: Sources and Treatment in the United States.Aquifers.Artificial Recharge of Unconfined Aquifer.Groundwater and Arsenic: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Treatment of Arsenic, Chromium, and Biofouling in Water Supply Wells.Artesian Water.Modeling Contaminant Transport and Biodegradation in Groundwater.Biofouling in Water Wells.In Situ Bioremediation of Contaminated Groundwater.Process Limitations of In Situ Bioremediation of Groundwater.Black Mesa Monitoring Program.Brine Deposits.Connate Water.Consolidated Water Bearing Rocks.Sensitivity of Groundwater to Contamination.Water Contamination by Low Level Organic Waste Compounds in the Hydrologic System.Darcy's Law.Groundwater Dating with Radiocarbon.Groundwater Dating with H-He.Dating Groundwaters with Tritium.Recharge in Desert Regions Around The World.Hydrologic Feasibility Assessment and Design in Phytoremediation.Well Design and Construction.Physical Properties of DNAPLs and Groundwater Contamination.Water Dowsing (Witching).Subsurface Drainage.Drawdown.Water Level Drawdown.Water Well Drilling Techniques.Groundwater Dye Tracing in Karst.Earthquakes-Rattling the Earth's Plumbing System.In Situ Electrokinetic Treatment of MtBE, Benzene, and Chlorinated Solvents.Field Capacity.Groundwater Flow Properties.Fluoride Contamination in Ground Water.Rock Fracture.Geochemical Models.Geochemical Modeling-Computer Codes.Geochemical Modeling-Computer Code Concepts.Geological Occurrence of Groundwater.Geophysics and Remote Sensing.Geothermal Water.Ghijben-Herzberg Equilibrium.Groundwater Balance.Hydraulic Head.The Role of Heat in Groundwater Systems.Groundwater Flow in Heterogenetic Sediments and Fractured Rock Systems.Horizontal Wells.Horizontal Wells in Groundwater Remediation.Head.Well Hydraulics and Aquifer Tests.Hydraulic Properties Characterization.Mobility of Humic Substances in Groundwater.Assessment of Groundwater Quality in District Hardwar, Uttaranchal, India.Irrigation Water Quality in District Hardwar, Uttaranchal, India.Infiltration and Soil Water Processes.Infiltration/Capacity/Rates.Infiltrometers.Summary of Isotopes in Contaminant Hydrogeology.Environmental Isotopes in Hydrogeology.Water-Jetting Drilling Technologies for Well Installation And In Situ Remediation of Hydrocarbons, Solvents, and Metals.Karst Hydrology.Karst Topography.Detecting Modern Groundwaters with 85Kr.Land Use Impacts on Groundwater Quality.Groundwater Contamination From Municipal Landfills in the USA.Metal Organic Interactions in Subtitle D Landfill Leachates and Associated Ground Waters.Leaching.Well Maintenance.Megawatersheds.Mass Transport in Saturated Media.Soil and Water Contamination by Heavy Metals.Source, Mobility, and Remediation of Metals.Genetics of Metal Tolerance and Accumulation in Higher Plants.In Situ Groundwater Remediation for Heavy Metal Contamination.Methane in Groundwater.Fossil Aquifers.What is a Hydrochemical Model?Modeling Non-Point Source Pollutants in the Vadose Zone Using GIS.Modeling Techniques for Solute Transport in Groundwater.Ambient Groundwater Monitoring Network Strategies and Design.MtBE.Limiting Geochemical Factors in Remediation Using Monitored Natural Attenuation and Enhanced Bioremediation.Nitrate Contamination of Groundwater.Treatment for Nitrates in Groundwater.Nonpoint Sources.Organic Compounds in Ground Water.Overdraft.Chemical Oxidation Technologies for Groundwater Remediation.Particulate Transport in Groundwater-Bacteria and Colloids.Perched Groundwater.Permeability.Groundwater Vulnerability to Pesticides: An Overview of Approaches and Methods of Evaluation.High pH Groundwater-The Effect of The Dissolution of Hardened Cement Pastes.Phytoextraction and Phytostabilization: Technical, Economic and Regulatory Considerations of the Soil-Lead Issue.Phytoextraction of Zinc and Cadmium from Soils.Using Hyperaccumulator Plants.Phytoremediation Enhancement of Natural Attenuation Processes.Bacteria Role in the Phytoremediation of Heavy Metals.Phytoremediation of Lead-Contaminated Soils.Phytoremediation of Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether.Phytoremediation of Selenium-Laden Soils.Soil Pipes and Pipe Flow.Low Flow Groundwater Purging and Surging.Groundwater Quality.Radial Wells.Recharge in Arid Regions.Sub-Surface Redox Chemistry: A Comparison of Equilibrium and Reaction-Based Approaches.Regional Flow Systems.Groundwater Remediation by Injection and.Problem Prevention.Groundwater Remediation: In Situ Passive.Methods.Groundwater Remediation by In Situ Aeration and Volatilization.Remediation of Contaminated Soils.Groundwater Remediation Project Life Cycle.Innovative Contaminated Groundwater.Remediation Technologies.Resistivity Methods.Risk Analysis of Buried Wastes From Electricity.Generation.Groundwater Contamination from Runoff.Saline Seep.Groundwater Sampling Techniques for.Environmental Projects.Groundwater Sampling with Passive Diffusion.Samplers.Specific Capacity.Soil Water.Soil and Groundwater Geochemistry and Microbiology.Characterizing Soil Spatial Variability.Deep Soil-Water Movement.Specific Gravity.Hot Springs.Squeezing Water from Rock.Storage Coefficient.Qanats: An Ingenious Sustainable Groundwater Resource System.Lysimeters.Steady-State Flow Aquifer Tests.Tidal Efficiency.Combined Free and Porous Flow in the Subsurface.Groundwater Tracing.Hydraulic Conductivity/Transmissibility.Groundwater Flow and Transport Process.Reactive Transport in The Saturated Zone: Case Histories for Permeable Reactive Barriers.Transport of Reactive Solute in Soil and Groundwater.Water in The Unsaturated Zone.Groundwater and Vadose Zone Hydrology.Vadose Zone Monitoring Techniques.Vapor Transport in the Unsaturated Zone.Applications of Soil Vapor Data to Groundwater Investigations.Groundwater Velocities.Viscous Flow.Vulnerability Mapping of Groundwater Resources.Water/Rocks Interaction.Ground Water: Wells.Well Screens.Well TEST.Safe Yield of an Aquifer.Specific Yield Storage Equation.Microbial Processes Affecting Monitored Natural Attenuation of Contaminants in the Subsurface.Groundwater Vulnerability to Pesticides: Statistical Approaches.Groundwater-Nature's Hidden Treasure.Pharmaceuticals, Hormones, and Other Organic Wastewater Contaminants in U.S. Streams.The Environmental Impact of Iron in Groundwater.Groundwater and Cobalt: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Cadmium: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater Modeling.Groundwater and Benzene: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Nitrate: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Perchlorate: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Vinyl Chloride: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Uranium: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Mercury: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Groundwater and Lead: Chemical Behavior and Treatment.Laminar Flow.Finite Element Modeling of Coupled Free and Porous Flow.Unconfined Groundwater.Modeling of DNAPL Migration in Saturated Porous Media.The Use of Semipermeable Membrane Devices (SPMDs) for Monitoring, Exposure, and Toxicity Assessment.River-Connected Aquifers: Geophysics, Stratigraphy, Hydrogeology, and Geochemistry.Index.Cumulative Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736837 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Man's history is tied up in the hydrological cycle. Its chemical and physical attributes dramatically affect its movement and quality within its major reservoirs, our oceans and atmosphere. This volume deals with a myriad of finite features of these fascinating fields along with aspects of water tied up in man's culture and history from the beginning of recorded time.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736844 20160528
- The single greatest reservoir of usable water for man lies underground. Its location, management, protection and remediation have been a central focus of hydrology for much of the past century. Experts throughout the world have covered this subject, in unimagined detail. Ground water remains unseen but no longer unknown, and now amazingly well defined in every aspect of quality and quantity, development, protection and remediation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736837 20160528
- This volume deals with the big picture of regional water supplies, how they become contaminated, how they can be protected and how they can best serve the surrounding populations and industries. Significant focus is placed upon the natural chemistry of available water supplies and its biological impacts. Case studies from regions around the world offer an excellent picture of the world's water resources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471736868 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Also available on the Internet.
- 0471441643 (cloth)
- 0471736872 (v. 1)
- 0471736864 (v. 2)
- 0471726856 (v. 3)
- 0471736848 (v. 4)
- 047173683X (v. 5)
- 9780471441649 (cloth)
- 9780471736875 (v. 1)
- 9780471736868 (v. 2)
- 9780471736844 (v. 4)
- 9780471736837 (v. 5)
- 0471736856 (v. 3)
- 9780471736851 (v. 3)
Browse related items
Start at call number: