Encyclopedia of United States national security
- Richard J. Samuels, editor.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2006.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xl, 922 p.) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Samuels, Richard J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 841-857) and index.
- Editorial Board List of Entries Reader's Guide About the Editor About the Contributors List of Illustrations Preface Introduction Entries A - Z List of National Security Acronyms Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- SAGE Reference is proud to announce the "Encyclopedia of United States National Security", Two-Volume Set. This Encyclopedia covers the origin, development and results of all major US national security policies over the last seven decades. National security has been a widely debated, yet highly researched topic that has tremendous global scope. However, there has never been a single, concise reference source to aid students in providing accurate and informative answers to the many challenging questions of how, why, when and where US national security evolved.A thoroughly interdisciplinary work, the Encyclopedia views US national security from a historical, economic, political and technological perspective. This two-volume set is arranged alphabetically and includes over 750 entries. Over 200 of the articles are signed. This, first of its kind encyclopedia, is a must-have resource for all academic and public libraries. Entries are arranged into the following categories: Politics/policy making; Economics; Technology; Wars; Presidential Administrations; Foreign Relations; and Strategic Policy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- "A Sage reference publication."
- 0761929274 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780761929277 (set : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: