Orpheus with his lute [sound recording] : music for Shakespeare from Purcell to Arne
- London, England : Hyperion, p2004.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- English Orpheus ; v. 50.
At the library
- Overture to Titus Andronicus / Jeremiah Charke (4:31)
- Take, o take those lips away / John Weldon (1:54)
- Can life be a blessing / John Eccles (2:05)
- Pardon, goddess of the night / Thomas Chilcot (3:55)
- Orpheus with his lute / Maurice Greene (2:54)
- Orpheus with his lute (6:25) ; Hark, hark, the lark (3:18) / Thomas Chilcot
- To fair Fidele's grassy tomb / Thomas Arne (4:01)
- Concerto no.
- 9 in E minor / Robert Woodcock (5:42)
- When daisies pied and violets blue / Richard Leveridge (2:26)
- When daisies pied and violets blue / Thomas Arne (3:20)
- When icicles hang on the wall / Thomas Arne (3:16)
- You spotted snakes (3:29) ; Full fathom five (3:29) / John Christopher Smith
- All fancy sick / Willem de Fesch (4:57)
- Dry those eyes which are o'erflowing / John Weldon (4:14)
- Dear pretty youth / Henry Purcell (1:37)
- Honour, riches, marriage-blessing (2:51) ; Where the bee sucks, there lurk I (2:09) / Thomas Arne.
- Included Work
- Clarke, Jeremiah, 1669?-1707. Titus Andronicus. Overture.
- Weldon, John, 1676-1736. Collection of new songs. Take, O take those lips away.
- Eccles, John, -1735. Collection of songs. Can life be a blessing?
- Chilcot, Thomas, approximately 1700-1766. English songs. Pardon, goddess of the night.
- Greene, Maurice, 1696-1755. Cantata and four English songs. Orpheus with his lute.
- Chilcot, Thomas, approximately 1700-1766. English songs. Orpheus with his lute.
- Chilcot, Thomas, approximately 1700-1766. English songs. Hark, hark, the lark.
- Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778. Lyric harmony. To fair Fidele's grassy tomb.
- Woodcock, Robert, 1690-1728. Concertos. No. 9.
- Leveridge, Richard, 1670 or 1671-1758. Cuckow.
- Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778. As you like it. When daisies pied and violets blue.
- Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778. Blind beggar of Bethnal Green. Owl.
- Smith, John Christopher, 1712-1795. Fairies. You spotted snakes with double tongues.
- Smith, John Christopher, 1712-1795. Tempest. Full fathom five.
- Fesch, Willem de, 1687-1761. Tempest. All fancy-sick I am from love.
- Weldon, John, 1676-1736. Tempest. Dry those eyes which are o'erflowing.
- Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695. Tempest. Dear pretty youth.
- Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778. Tempest. Honour, riches, marriage-blessing.
- Arne, Thomas Augustine, 1710-1778. Tempest. Where the bee sucks.
- Release date
- Production date
- The English Orpheus ; v. 50
- Principally songs, in part from incidental music and operas.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes and texts in English in container.
- Catherine Bott, soprano ; The Parley of Instruments ; Peter Holman, conductor.
- Recorded Oct. 4-6, 2003, Church of St Jude-on-the-Hill, Hampstead, London.
- Publisher Number
- CDA67450 Hyperion
Browse related items
Start at call number: