Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology
- 5th ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, c2004-2007.
- Physical description
- 26 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Library has: v.1-
Library has: Index: 1 v.
|TP9 .K54 2004 INDEX||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.1||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.2||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.3||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.4||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.5||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.6||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.7||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.8||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.9||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.10||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.11||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.12||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.13||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.14||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.15||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.16||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.17||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.18||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.19||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.20||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.21||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.22||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.23||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.24||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.25||Available|
|TP9 .K54 2004 V.26||Available|
- Kroschwitz, Jacqueline I.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Among the additions to the Encyclopedia are articles on advanced concepts, methods, and technology including Supramolecular Chemistry, Polymer Dispersions, Chemoinformatics, Combinatorial Chemistry-- as well as articles on environmentally conscious chemical technology (Green Chemistry, Arsenic Environmental Impact, Health Effects, and Treatment Methods, Biomass Energy, Indoor Air Pollution and Control, Zero Waste)-- Processes (Chemical Product Design, Process Integration Technology, Pervaporation)-- Catalysis (Metallocene Catalysts, Ziegler Natta Catalysts, Biocatalysis)-- Materials (Fullerenes, Biobased Polymers, Shape Memory Polymers, Hybrid Nanocomposite Materials)-- Analytical techniques and instrumentation (HPLC, GC, Affinity Chromatography, AFM)-- Pharmaceuticals (Antibiotic Resistance, Oxazolidinones)-- and Business Development (Technology Transfer, Advanced Materials Economic Evaluation).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471488101 20160528
- Abrasives.Absorption.Acetaldehyde.Acetic Acid.Acetic Acid, Halogenated.Acetic Anhydride.Acetone.Acetylene.Acetylene-Derived Chemicals.Acrolein and Derivatives.Acrylamide.Acrylamide Polymers.Acrylic Acid and its Derivatives.Acrylic Ester Polymers.Acrylonitrile.Acrylonitrile Butadine.Acrylonitrile Polymers, Survey.Actinides and Transactinides.Adhesion.Adhesives.Adipic Acid.Adsorption.Adsorption, Gas Separation.Adsorption, Liquid Separation.Advanced Materials.Aeration Biotechnology.Aerogels.Aerosols.Air Pollution.Air Pollution and Control.Alcohols, Higher Aliphatic.Alcohols, Higher Aliphatic, Synthetic Processes.Alcohols, Polyhydric.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485223 20160528
- Aldehydes. Alkaloids. Alkanolamines from Nitro Alcohols. Alkanolamines from Olefin Oxides and Ammonia. Alkyd Resins. Alkylation. Alkylphenols. Allyl Alcohol and Monoallyl Derivatives. Allyl Monomers and Polymers. Aluminates. Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys. Aluminum Compounds, Survey. Aluminum Halides and Aluminum Nitrate. Aluminum Oxide (Alumina), Activated. Aluminum Oxide (Alumina), Calcinated, Tabular, and Aluminate Cements. Aluminum Oxide (Alumina), Hydrated. Aluminum Sulfate and Alums. Amides, Fatty Acid. Amine Oxides. Amines by Reduction. Amines, Cycloaliphatic. Amines, Fatty. Amines, Lower Aliphatic Amines. Amino Acids. Amino Resins and Plastics. Aminophenols. Ammonia. Ammonium Compounds. Amyl Alcohols. Aniline and Its Derivatives. Antiaging Agents. Antibacterial Agents, Overview. Antibiotic Resistance. Antimony and Antimony Alloys. Antimony Compounds. Antiobesity Drugs. Antioxidants, Polymers. .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485216 20160528
- Carbon Monoxide.Carboxylic Acids.Cardiovascular Agents.Catalysis.Catalyst Deactivation and Regeneration.Catalysts, Supported.Cell Culture Technology.Cellulose.Cellulose Esters, Inorganic Esters.Cellulose Esters, Organic Esters.Cellulose Ethers.Cement.Centrifugal Separation.Ceramic-Matrix Composites.Ceramics as Electrical Materials.Ceramics, Mechanical Properties.Ceramics, Processing.Cerium and Cerium Compounds.Cesium and Cesium Compounds.Chelating Agents.Chemical Methods in Archaeology.Chemical Product Design.Chemicals from Brine.Chemical Vapor Deposition.Chemical Warfare.Chemiluminescence, Analytical Applications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485186 20160528
- Chemoinformatics. Chemometrics. Chiral Separations. Chloric Acid and Chlorates. Chlorinated Paraffins. Chlorine. Chlorobenzenes. Chlorocarbons and Chlorohydrocarbons, Survey. Chloroethylenes and Chloroethanes. Chloroform. Chloroformates and Carbonates. Chlorotoluenes, Benzyl Chloride, Benzal Chloride and Benzotrichloride. Chlorotoluenes, Ring. Chocolate and Cocoa. Chromatography. Chromatography, Affinity. Chromatography, Gas. Chromatography, Liquid. Chromium and Chromium Alloys. Chromium Compounds. Chromogenic Materials, Electrochromic. Chromogenic Materials, Photochromic. Chromogenic Materials, Piezochromic. Chromogenic Materials, Thermochromic. Citric Acid. Clays, Survey. Clays, Uses. Coal. Coal Gasification. Coal Liquefaction.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485179 20160528
- Coating Processes.Coating Processes, Powder.Coating Processes, Spray.Coatings.Coatings, Antifoulings.Coatings for Corrosion Control, Organic.Coatings, Marine.Cobalt and Cobalt Alloys.Cobalt Compounds.Coffee.Colloids.Color.Colorants for Ceramics.Colorants for Plastics.Combinatorial Chemistry.Combustion Science and Technology.Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering.Conducting Polymers.Controlled Release Technology, Agricultural.Coordination Compounds.Copolymers.Copper.Copper Alloys, Wrought.Copper Compounds.Copyrights.Corrosion and Corrosion Control.Cosmetics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485162 20160528
- Cotton. Cryogenic Technology. Crystal Engineering. Crystallization. Cumene. Cyanamides. Cyanides. Cyanuric and Isocyanuric Acids. Cyclopentadiene and Dicyclopentadiene. Defoamers. Dendrimers, Luminescent. Dental Materials. Desiccants. Design of Experiments. Detergency and Detergents. Deuterium and Tritium. Diamines and Higher Amines, Aliphatic. Diamond, Natural. Diamond, Synthetic. Dichlorine Monoxide, Hypochlorous Acid, and Hypochlorites. Dimensional Analysis. Disinfection. Dispersants. Dispersions. Distillation. Distillation, Azeotropic, and Extractive.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485155 20160528
- Drilling Fluids. Drug Delivery Systems. Drying. Drying Oils. Dyeing. Dyes and Dye Intermediates. Dyes, Anthraquinone. Dyes, Azo. Dyes, Environmental Chemistry. Dyes, Reactive. Dyes, Sensitizing. Economic Evaluation. Elastomers, Synthetic. Electroanalytical Techniques. Electrochemical Machining. Electrochemical Processing. Electrochemical Processing, Inorganic. Electrochemical Processing, Organic. Electroless Deposition. Electronic Materials. Electrophoresis. Electroplating.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485148 20160528
- Embedding.Emission Control, Automotive.Emission Control, Industrial.Emulsions.Energy Management.Engineering Thermoplastics.Environmental Impact Assessment.Enzyme Applications, Industrial.Enzyme Inhibitors.Epoxy Resins.Esterification.Esters, Organic.Ethanol.Ethers.Ethyl Chloride.Ethylene.Ethylene Oxide.Ethylene Oxide Polymers.Ethylene-Acrylic Elastomers.Ethylene-Propylene Polymers.Explosives and Propellants.Extraction, Liquid-Liquid.Fats and Fatty Oils.Feeds and Feed Additives, Nonruminant Feeds.Feeds and Feed Additives, Pet Foods.Feeds and Feed Additives, Ruminant Feeds.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485131 20160528
- Fermentation-- Ferrites-- Ferroelectrics-- Fertilizers-- Fiber Optics-- Fibers-- Fibers, Acrylic-- Fibers, Olefin-- Fibers, Regenerated Cellulose-- Fibers, Vegetable-- Fillers-- Filtration-- Fine Art Examination and Conservation-- Fine Chemicals-- Flame Retardants-- Flame Retardants, Halogenated-- Flame Retardants, Phosphorus-- Flavor Characterization-- Flavor Delivery Systems-- Flavors-- Flax Fiber-- Flocculating Agents-- Flow Measurement-- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) Catalysis and Additives-- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) Units, Regeneration-- Fluid Mechanics-- Fluidization-- Fluorine-- Fluorine Compounds, Inorganic-- Fluorine Compounds, Organic-- Fluoroethers and Fluoroamines.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485124 20160528
- Foams.Food Additives.Food Processing.Forensic Chemistry.Formaldehyde.Fractionation, Plasma.Friedel-Crafts Reactions.Fuel Cells.Fullerenes.Furan Derivatives.Furnaces, Electric.Furnaces, Fuel-Fired.Gallium and Gallium Compounds.Gas, Natural.Gasoline and Other Motor Fuels.Gelatin.Genetic Engineering, Animals.Genetic Engineering, Microbes.Genetic Engineering, Plants.Genetic Engineering, Procedues.Geothermal Energy.Germanium and Germanium Compounds.Glass.Glass-Ceramics.Glycols.Gold and Gold Compounds.Graphite, Artificial.Graphite, Natural.Green Chemistry.Grignard Reactions.Groundwater Monitoring.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485117 20160528
- Growth Regulators, Animal.Growth Regulators, Plant.Gums.Hafnium and Hafnium Compounds.N-Halamines.Halogen Fluorides.Halogenated Hydrocarbons, Toxicity and Environmental Impact.Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.Hazardous Waste Incineration.Heat Exchanger Network Design.Heat Pipes.Heat Transfer.Herbicides.Herbicides, Biotechnology.High Performance Fibers.High Pressure Chemistry.High Purity Gases.High Temperature Alloys.Hybrid Nanocomposite Materials.Hydrazine and Its Derivatives.Hydrides.Hydroboration.Hydrocarbons.Hydrofluorocarbo ns.Hydrogels.Hydrogen.Hydrogen Chloride.Hydrogen Energy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485100 20160528
- Hydrogen Fluoride. Hydrogen-Ion Activity. Hydrogen Peroxide. Hydrothermal Processing. Hydroxycarboxylic Acids. Immunoassay. Inclusion Compounds. Indium and Indium Compounds. Industrial Hygiene. Infrared Spectroscopy. Initiators, Anionic. Initiators, Cationic. Initiators, Free-Radical. Inks. Insecticides. Iodine and Iodine Compounds. Ion Exchange. Ion Implantation. Ionomers. Iron. Iron Compounds. Ketones. Kinetic Measurements. Lanthanides. Lasers. Latex Technology. Lead and Lead Alloys. Lead Compounds. Life Cycle Assessment. Light Emitting Diodes.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485094 20160528
- Lignin. Lime and Limestone. Liquid Crystalline Materials. Lithium and Lithium Compounds. Lithographic Resists. Lubrication and Lubricants. Macrolide Antibiotics. Magnesium and Magnesium Alloys. Magnesium Compounds. Magnetic Separation. Maintenance. Maleic Anhydride, Maleic Acid, and Fumaric Acid. Malts and Malting. Manganese and Manganese Alloys. Manganese Compounds. Market and Marketing Research. Mass Spectrometry. Mass Transfer. Materials Standards and Specifications. Melamine Resins. Membrane Technology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485087 20160528
- Membranes, Hollow-Fiber. Mercury. Metal Carbonyls. Metallocene Catalysts. Metallurgy. Metallurgy, Extractive. Metal-Matrix Composites. Metal Surface Treatments. Methacrylic Acid and Derivatives. Methacrylic Ester Polymers. Methanol. Methyl Chloride. Methyl Isobutyl Ketone. Methylamines. Methylene Chloride. Microarrays. Microbial Transformations. Microemulsions. Microencapsulation. Microscopy. Microwave Technology. Microwave Technology-Chemical Synthesis Applications. Minerals Recovery and Processing. Mixing and Blending. Molecular Modeling. Molecular Recognition. Molecular Sieves.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485070 20160528
- Molybdenum and Molybdenum Alloys.Molybdenum Compounds.Nanotechnology.Naphthalene.Nickel and Nickel Alloys.Nickel Compounds.Niobium and Niobium Compounds.Nitration.Nitric Acid.Nitrides.Nitriles.Nitrobenzene and Nitrotoluenes.Nitrogen.Nitrogen Fixation.Noble-Gas Compounds.Noble Gases.Nomenclature.Nondestructive Evaluation.Nonlinear Optical Materials.Nonwoven Fabrics, Spunbonded.Nonwoven Fabrics, Staple Fibers.Nuclear Fuel Reserves.Nuclear Power Facilities, Safety.Nuclear Reactors.Nucleic Acids.Nutraceuticals.Ocean Raw Materials.Olefin Polymers, Introduction.Olefins, Higher.Oxazolidinones Antibacterials.Oxygen.Ozone.Packaging of Electronic Materials.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485063 20160528
- Packaging, Containers for Industrial Materials. Packaging, Converting. Packaging, Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals. Packaging, Food. Paint. Paint and Finish Removers. Paper. Particle Size Measurement. Patents and Trade Secrets. Patents, Literature. Peptides, Antimicrobial. Perchloric Acid and Perchlorates. Perfluorinated Polymers. Perfumes. Peroxides, Inorganic Peroxides, Organic. Pervaporation. Pesticides. Petrochemicals, Feedstocks. Petroleum. Petroleum, Enhanced Oil Recovery. Petroleum, Refinery Processes. Pharmaceuticals. Pharmaceuticals, Large-Scale Synthesis. Phenol. Phenolic Resins. Phosgene. Phosphoric Acids and Phosphates.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485056 20160528
- Phosphorus. Phosphorus Compounds. Photocatalysis. Photochemical Technology. Photodetectors. Photography. Photography, Color. Photography, Instant. Photothermographic and Thermographic Imaging Materials. Pigments, Inorganic. Pigments, Organic. Pilot Plants. Piping Systems. Plant Layout. Plant Location. Plastics Processing. Plastics Testing. Platinum-Group Metals. Platinum-Group Metals, Compounds. Plutonium and Plutonium Compounds. Polyamides, Aromatic. Polyamides, Fibers. Polyamides, Plastics. Polycarbonates. Polychloroprene.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485049 20160528
- Solar Energy Materials. Solar Energy, Photovoltaic Cells. Sol-Gel Technology. Solvents, Industrial. Spectroscopy. Spices. Sprays. Steam. Steel. Strontium and Strontium Compounds. Styrene. Styrene Plastics. Succinic Acid and Succinic Anhydride. Sugar. Sulfonamides. Sulfonation and Sulfation. Sulfur. Sulfur and Hydrogen Sulfide Recovery. Sulfur Compounds. Sulfur-Containing Polymers. Sulfuric Acid and Sulfur Trioxide. Superconductivity and Superconductors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471484998 20160528
- Titanium Compounds, Inorganic. Titanium Compounds, Organic. Toluene. Toluenediamine. Toxicology. Trademarks. Transport Phenomena for Chemical Reactor Design. Transportation. Tungsten and Tungsten Alloys. Tungsten Compounds. Uranium and Uranium Compounds. Urethane Polymers. Vaccine Technology. Vanadium and Vanadium Alloys. Vanadium Compounds. Vanillin. Vinyl Acetate Polymers. Vinyl Alcohol Polymers. Vinyl Chloride. Vinyl Chloride Polymers. Vinylidene Chloride Polymers. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid). Vitamins. Waste Management, Hazardous. Waste Management, Radioactive. Waste Management, Solid. Wastewater Treatment.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471484974 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The fifth edition of the Kirk--Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology builds upon the solid foundation of the previous editions, which have proven to be a mainstay for chemists, biochemists, and engineers at academic, industrial, and government institutions since publication of the first edition in 1949. The new edition includes necessary adjustments and modernisation of the content to reflect changes and developments in chemical technology. Presenting a wide scope of articles on chemical substances, properties, manufacturing, and uses; on industrial processes, unit operations in chemical engineering; and on fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field. The Encyclopedia describes established technology along with cutting edge topics of interest in the wide field of chemical technology, whilst uniquely providing the necessary perspective and insight into pertinent aspects, rather than merely presenting information. * Set begins publication in January 2004 * Over 1000 articles * More than 600 new or updated articles 27 volumes Reviews from the previous edition: "The most indispensable reference in the English language on all aspects of chemical technology...the best reference of its kind". --Chemical Engineering News, 1992 "Overall, ECT is well written and cleanly edited, and no library claiming to be a useful resource for chemical engineering professionals should be without it." --Nicholas Basta, Chemical Engineering, December 1992.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471488101 20160528
- The Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology presents a wide scope of articles on chemical substances, their manufacturing and uses, industrial processes, unit operations in chemical engineering, and on fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field. The Fifth Edition of the encyclopedia is built on the solid foundation of the previous editions and also reflects advances of the 21st century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485124 20160528
- The fifth edition of the "Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology" builds upon the solid foundation of the previous editions, which have proven to be a mainstay for chemists, biochemists, and engineers at academic, industrial, and government institutions since publication of the first edition in 1949. It contains over 1000 articles in 27 volumes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485117 20160528
- The fifth edition of the "Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology", builds upon the solid foundation of the previous editions, which have proven to be a mainstay for chemists, biochemists, and engineers at academic, industrial, and government institutions since publication of the first edition in 1949. The new edition includes necessary adjustments and modernisation of the content to reflect changes and developments in chemical technology. Presenting a wide scope of articles on chemical substances, properties, manufacturing, and uses; on industrial processes, unit operations in chemical engineering; and on fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field, the Encyclopedia describes established technology along with cutting-edge topics of interest in the wide field of chemical technology, whilst uniquely providing the necessary perspective and insight into pertinent aspects, rather than merely presenting information. It set began publication in January 2004 and contains over 1,000 articles, more than 600 new or updated articles, and 27 volumes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485094 20160528
- The fifth edition of the Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology builds upon the solid foundation of the previous editions, which have proven to be a mainstay for chemists, biochemists, and engineers at academic, industrial, and government institutions since publication of the first edition in 1949. The new edition includes necessary adjustments and modernization of the content to reflect changes and developments in chemical technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471485155 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of chemical technology
- Executive editor, Jacqueline I. Kroschwitz.
- 0471484946 (set)
- 0471485225 (v. 1)
- 0471485217 (v. 2)
- 9780471484943 (set)
- 9780471485223 (v. 1)
- 9780471485216 (v. 2)
- 0471485209 (v. 3)
- 9780471485209 (v. 3)
- 0471485187 (v. 5)
- 9780471485186 (v. 5)
- 0471485179 (v. 6)
- 9780471485179 (v. 6)
- 0471485160 (v. 7)
- 9780471485162 (v. 7)
- 0471485152 (v. 8)
- 9780471485155 (v. 8)
- 0471485144 (v. 9)
- 9780471485148 (v. 9)
- 0471485136 (v. 10)
- 9780471485131 (v. 10)
- 0471485128 (v. 11)
- 9780471485124 (v. 11)
- 047148511X (v. 12)
- 9780471485117 (v. 12)
- 9780471485100 (v. 13)
- 0471485101 (v. 13)
- 9780471485094 (v. 14)
- 0471485098 (v. 14)
- 9780471485087 (v. 15)
- 047148508X (v. 15)
- 9780471485070 (v. 16)
- 0471485071 (v. 16)
- 9780471485063 (v. 17)
- 0471485063 (v. 17)
- 9780471485056 (v. 18)
- 0471485055 (v. 18)
- 9780471485049 (v. 19)
- 0471485047 (v. 19)
- 9780471485049 (v. 20)
- 0471485039 (v. 20)
- 9780471485032 (v. 20)
- 9780471485025 (v. 21)
- 0471485020 (v. 21)
- 9780471484974 (v. 25)
- 0471484970 (v. 25)
- 0471485195 (v. 4)
- 9780471485193 (v. 4)
- 0471488100 (set)
- 9780471488101 (set)
- 0471485012 (v. 22)
- 9780471485018 (v. 22)
- 0471484997 (v. 23)
- 9780471484998 (v. 23)
- 0471484989 (v. 24)
- 9780471484981 (v. 24)
- 0471484954 (v. 26)
- 9780471484950 (v. 26)
- 0471484962 (Index Volumes 1-26)
- 9780471484967 (Index Volumes 1-26)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: