The Oxford encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States
- Suzanne Oboler and Deena J. González, editors in chief.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Find it Information Center
Lane Reading Room: Reference
|E184 .S75 O97 2005 V.1||In-library use|
|E184 .S75 O97 2005 V.2||In-library use|
|E184 .S75 O97 2005 V.3||In-library use|
|E184 .S75 O97 2005 V.4||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Acequias - Duel nationality
- v. 2. East Los Angeles - Llorona, LA
- v. 3. Lobato v. Taylor - Rechy, John
- v. 4. Religion and spirituality - Zoot suit. Index.
- Publisher's Summary
- A landmark scholarly work, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States offers comprehensive, reliable, and accessible information about the fastest growing minority population in the nation. With an unprecedented scope and cutting-edge scholarship, the Encyclopedia draws together the diverse historical and contemporary experiences in the United States of Latinos and Latinas from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Over 900 A to Z articles ranging in length from 500 words to 7,500 words written by academics, scholars, writers, artists, and journalists, address such broad topics as identity, art, politics, religion, education, health, and history. Each entry has its own bibliography and cross-references and is signed by its author. Essential for scholarly and professional researchers as well as the classroom and library, The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States will fill a void in the historical scholarship of an under-served population. This title is available in print and as an e-reference text from Oxford's Digital Reference Shelf.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195156003 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United States
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 0195156005 (set : acid-free paper)
- 9780195156003 (set : acid-free paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: