Directory of microbicides for the protection of materials : a handbook
- ed. by Wilfried Paulus.
- Dordrecht, Netherlands : Norwell, Mass. : Springer, c2005.
- Physical description
- xx, 787 p. : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Paulus, Wilfried.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part One--Microbicides.- 1 Introduction to microbicides.- 2 Relationship between chemical structure and activity or mode of action of microbicides.- 3 R&D in material protection: new biocides.- 4 Legislative aspects.- 5 Fields of application.- Part Two--Microbicide data Organisation of microbicide data.-
- 2. Aldehydes.-
- 3. Formaldehyde Releasing Compounds.-
- 4. Acetaldehyde Releasing Compound.-
- 5. Succinaldehyde Releasing Compound.-
- 6. 2-Propenal-Releasingcompound.-
- 7. Phenolics.-
- 8. Acids.-
- 9. Acid Esters.-
- 10. Amides.-
- 11. Carbamates.-
- 12. Dibenzamidines.-
- 13. Pyridine Derivatives And Related Compounds.-
- 14. Azoles.-
- 15. Heterocyclic N, S Compounds.-
- 16. N-Haloalkylthio Compounds.-
- 17. Compounds With Activated Halogen Atoms.-
- 18. Surface Active Agents.-
- 19. Organometallic Compounds.-
- 20. Various Compounds.-
- 21. Oxidizing Agents.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The book presents a comprehensive discussion of the most common microbicides (approx. 300) used for the protection of materials and processes against biodeterioration. The characteristics of each microbicide, e.g. chemical and physical properties, effectiveness and spectrum of efficacy, the knowledge of which is a prerequisite for the effective use of microbicides, are discussed. It is also informed about the toxicity and ecotoxocity of the microbicides. The corresponding depth of knowledge and experience makes uses of microbicides possible without damage to human health and environment. The corresponding legislative aspects are regarded in a special chapter. This new book is not a simple revised new edition (second) of the Handbook Microbicides for the Protection of Materials which appeared in 1993. This edition is divided into two parts. In Part One 23 contributions of worldwide selected experts present extensively diversified information about: -Microbicides with regard to the relationship between chemical structure and mode of action and activity, -Research and development in consideration of registration procedures, -Legislative aspects, -The use of microbicides in the major application areas (18) which are described in detail. The Microbicide Data is organized into 21 substance classes (e.g. alcohols, aldehydes, acids, amides, etc.) and collected in Part Two. Part One signifies an important perfection and increase in actuality. In part two, 'Microbicide Data' is an eagerly anticipated actual inventory of the old book. The combination of the two parts in one book is special and has resulted in the most authoritative information in the field. Accordingly this book will be invaluable not only to all those using microbicides, but also to teachers and students working in biodeterioration and anyone engaged in research and development in the microbicide field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 1402028172 (hd. bd.)
- 9781402028175 (hd. bd.)
- 1402028180 (e-book)
- 9781402028182 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: