The Greenwood encyclopedia of women's issues worldwide
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2003.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Walter, Lynn, 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Sub-Saharan Africa-- Europe-- North America and the Caribbean-- Asia and Oceania-- Central and South America-- the Middle East and North Africa.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Women are working internationally to create a world based on gender equality and justice. The concerns of women are shaped by conditions in their own countries and regions and also by conditions for women in other parts of the world. Links forged by globalization; international relations; United Nations gender equality and development programs; and women's nongovernmental organizations connect their futures. This reference set documents the achievements and current challenges for all women, providing distortion-free information about women's status, from education to violence, in more than 130 countries in the world's most populated areas. Written by a host of international subject and country specialist contributors, the set is accessible for high school students and above. The consistent narrative coverage and relevant statistics should make it ideal for research and comparisons. Conceptions of women's issues vary by country, and this set illuminates the diverse perspectives and contemporary practices that shape the variations in equality and well being among women. Judicious inclusion of historical processes helps frame the issues in a holistic perspective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, Lynn Walter.
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of women's issues worldwide
- 0313327874 (set)
- 031332087X (Asia and Oceania)
- 0313321299 (Central and South America)
- 0313318883 (Middle East and North Africa)
- 0313318522 (North America and the Caribbean)
- 0313321450 (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- 0313318557 (Europe)
- 9780313327872 (set)
- 9780313320873 (Asia and Oceania)
- 9780313321290 (Central and South America)
- 9780313318887 (Middle East and North Africa)
- 9780313318528 (North America and the Caribbean)
- 9780313321450 (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- 9780313318559 (Europe)