Miller & Freund's probability and statistics for engineers
- Richard Johnson.
- 7th ed.
- Upper Saddle River, NJ : Pearson Prentice Hall, c2005.
- Physical description
- xi, 642 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
At the library
Engineering Library (Terman)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|TA340 .M5 2005||Unknown|
- Johnson, Richard A. (Richard Arnold), 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 573-574) and index.
- 1. Introduction.
- 2. Treatment of Data.
- 3. Probability.
- 4. Probability Distributions.
- 5. Probability Densities.
- 6. Sampling Distribution.
- 7. Inferences Concerning Means.
- 8. Inferences Concerning Variances.
- 9. Inferences Concerning Proportions.
- 10. Nonparametric Tests.
- 11. Curve Fitting.
- 12. Analysis of Variance.
- 13. Factorial Experimentation.
- 14. The Statistical Content of Quality-Improvement Programs.
- 15. Applications to Reliability and Life Testing. Bibliography. Statistical Tables. Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
For an introductory, one or two semester, sophomore-junior level course in Probability and Statistics or Applied Statistics for engineering, physical science, and mathematics students. This example- and exercise-rich exploration of both elementary probability and basic statistics emphasizes engineering and science applications-many using data collected from the author's consulting experience. In later chapters, the text emphasizes designed experiments, especially two-level factorial design.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Probability and statistics for engineers
Browse related items
Start at call number: