How to explain a brain : an educator's handbook of brain terms and cognitive processes
- Robert Sylwester.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2005.
- Physical description
- xix, 178 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Sylwester, Robert.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 167-172) and index.
- List of Entries Preface About the Author Standard Hierarchy of Brain Areas Schematic Illustrations Alphabetized Entries Bibliography and Resources Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412906388 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- 'A delicious and nutritious alphabet soup for brain aficionados. How to Explain a Brain serves a generous portion of savory topics for the hearty neural appetite. From amygdala to emotion; from hippocampus to memory; from neurotransmitter to serotonin, the brain is explained as skillfully as one simmers a sumptuous stock' - Robin Fogarty, President, Robin Fogarty & Associates, Chicago Unlock the mysteries of the brain with the help of this jargon-free guide! Noted author, Robert Sylwester, offers educators and general readers his own definitions for terms used in the cognitive neurosciences. This unique look into the marvelous brain uses language and descriptions that are accessible to readers, even those with just a limited understanding of biology. Discover how the brain works, how the brain learns, and the educational significance of brain functions and processes.This ready-reference guide to essential concepts and terms in cognitive neurosciences includes: - nearly 300 definitions and cross-references created by Robert Sylwester to help educators understand key concepts about how the brain learns - 11 newly created anatomic models and illustrations that focus on key brain functions - references and recommended print and Internet resources. How to Explain a Brain celebrates the brain in all its wonder and is sure to become a ready reference book of choice for educational psychologists, teachers and managers and lecturers in education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412906388 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 1412906385 (cloth)
- 1412906393 (pbk.)
- 9781412906388 (cloth)
- 9781412906395 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: