Digital images and art libraries in the twenty-first century
- Susan Wyngaard, editor.
- Binghamton, N.Y. : Haworth Information Press, c2003.
- Physical description
- 183 p. : ill., 1 map ; 23 cm.
Find it Lane Reading Room: Digital culture and humanities computing
|ZA4084 .A78 D54 2003||Unknown|
- Wyngaard, Susan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- CITY2000 : a holistic approach to administering image resources / David Austin
- Architectural archives : to Web or not to Web / Susan Koskinen
- Integrating digital images into the art and art history curriculum / Sharon P. Pitt, Christina B. Updike, Miriam E. Guthrie
- Today's ephemera, tomorrow's historical documentation : access options for artists files / Terrie L. Wilson, Erika Dowell
- ArtSTOR : a digital library for the history of art / Max Marmor
- The case for collaboration : the OhioLINK Digital Media Center / Charly Bauer, Jane A. Carlin
- Smothering free speech : filtering the World Wide Web / Susan Travis Bissonnette
- Enhancing the value of museum Web sites : lessons from the practical engagement front / Bradley L. Taylor
- Image delivery and the critical masses / Henry Pisciotta
- Link it or lump it : basic access strategies for digital art representation / James L. Murphy
- Evolution of a profession : the changing nature of art librarianship / Amy Lucker.
- Publisher's Summary
- Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century provides an in-depth look at the technology that art librarians must understand in order to work effectively in today's digital environment. Appropriate for librarians, visual resource curators, and students alike, this book unites readers with professionals who have hands-on experience in their fields of study. It covers a wide range of subjects, including digital access preservation, personal accounts of digitalisation ventures, the effects of web censorship and the changing nature of art librarianship. The diversity of opinions documented in this contemporary text delivers a thorough investigation into the cutting-edge world of digital art librarianship.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- "Co-published simultaneously as Journal of library administration, volume 39, numbers 2/3, 2003."
- Related Work
- Journal of library administration.
- 0789023474 (alk. paper)
- 0789023482 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780789023476 (alk. paper)
- 9780789023483 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: