Qualitative interviewing : the art of hearing data
- Herbert J. Rubin, Irene S. Rubin.
- 2nd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2005.
- Physical description
- ix, 291 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 275-281) and indexes.
- Preface Chapter 1: Listening, Hearing, and Sharing Social Experiences Chapter 2: Why We Do What We Do: Philosophy of Qualitative Interviewing Chapter 3: Design: Choosing Topics and Anticipating Data Analysis Chapter 4: Continuing the Design: Making the Research Credible Chapter 5: Conversational Partnerships Chapter 6: The Responsive Interview as an Extended Conversation Chapter 7: Structuring the Interview Chapter 8: Designing Main Questions and Probes Chapter 9: Preparing Follow-Up Questions Chapter 10: The First Phase of Analysis: Preparing Transcripts and Coding Data Chapter 11: Analyzing Coded Data Chapter 12: Presenting the Results References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761920755 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The Second Edition of Qualitative Interviewing has been totally rewritten to add new examples and to better integrate the presentation of topics. Readers will see how the choice of topic influences question wording and how the questions asked influence the analysis. The authors have improved the presentation of matters that students have most trouble with, such as finding an interesting and viable topic, recognizing concepts, learning when and how aggressively to follow up, and figuring out ways to get published.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761920755 20160528
- Publication date
- 0761920749 (cloth)
- 0761920757 (pbk.)
- 9780761920748 (cloth)
- 9780761920755 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: