Rifat N. Bali ephemera collection relating to Jews in Turkey, circa 1942-2008
- Physical description
- 17.5 linear feet (circa 9 record containers, 3 print boxes, 1 map folder)
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 CARTON 3||In-library use|
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 FLAT BOX 4||In-library use|
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 FLAT BOX 5||In-library use|
|M1455 ACCN 2005-369 FLAT BOX 6||In-library use|
|M1455 BOX 4||In-library use|
|M1455 BOX 16||In-library use|
|M1455 BOX 17||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 3||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 6||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 7||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 8||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 9||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 10||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 11||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 12||In-library use|
|M1455 CARTON 15||In-library use|
|M1455 FLAT BOX 13||In-library use|
|M1455 FLAT BOX 14||In-library use|
|M1455 FLAT BOX 20||In-library use|
|M1455 HALF BOX 5||In-library use|
|M1455 LARGE MAP FOLDER 1||In-library use|
|M1455 LARGE MAP FOLDER 2||In-library use|
|M1455 MAP FOLDER 18||In-library use|
|M1455 MAP FOLDER 19||In-library use|
- Bali, Rıfat N., 1948- collector.
- Wedding and Bar Mitzvah invitations, holiday greeting cards, commemorative religious objects, posters, calendars, files of memorabilia and documents. Accession 2005-369 includes photograph albums, advertisement leaflets, magazines, posters, passports, and ephemera. Accession 2006-114 contains photocopies of papers relating to Hopital National Israelite Or-Ahaim. Accession 2006-116: "Yarinin vizyonu projesi, " 2005. Accession 2006-123: Limmud Kultur Festivali. Accession 2006-124: Kirim Karai Turkleri : typed reprint of Turk Yili, 1928, 24 p..
- Cartons 10, 11, 12, and 15 contain correspondence, documents, and photographs belonging to members of the Gershon family. Sisters Germaine Gershon and Marcelle Schindler, along with their brother Rene Gershon, were part owners of the Camondo Han, a landmark apartment building in the predominantly Jewish Galata neighborhood of Istanbul. Many of the documents relate to this rental property. Of particular interest are documents and correspondence from the period during and directly after the Second World War. There are multiple documents asserting that Marcelle Schindler, her husband, and Germaine Gershon were Christian, and that Rene Gershon was Muslim. Rene Gershon spent the war years in Paris and was arrested by the Germans just three weeks before the liberation of France. Germaine Gershon's correspondence from the period 1944-1948 documents her efforts to locate her brother. Rene Gershon was not heard from after being sent to the Drancy concentration camp; he apparently perished in Bergen Belsen.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2004 and 2006; and gift, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2008 Accessions 2004-344, 2005-127, 2005-369, 2006-114, 2006-116, 2006-122, 2006-123, 2006-124 and 2008-378.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: