Technological choices for sustainability
- Subhas K. Sikdar, Peter Glavič, Ravi Jain (editors).
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2004.
- Physical description
- xix, 441 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Framing the Issue of Sustainability: Science and Sustainability-- Sustainability from Ecological, Social, Economic and Technological Perspectives-- A Green Engineering Textbook for Chemical Engineering-- Innovative Industrial Ecology Education-- Sustainable Industrial Development.- Sustainable Pathways: Clean Technologies for Wastewater Management in Seafood Canning Industries-- Kinetic Analysis of Aerobic Composting of Tobacco Industry Solid Waste-- Preventative Measures in Production-- Risk Assessment and Quality of Environmental Systems-- Carbon Storage-- Integrated Computer Aided System for Sustainable Process Alternatives-- Pollution Prevention and Environmental Management Systems.- Sustainability Metrics: Technology Sensitive Indicators of Sustainability-- Metrics for Supply Chain Sustainability-- Quantifying Technological Aspects of Process Sustainability-- Sustainable Economy Indices-- National Competitiveness in Manufacturing-- Sustainable Energy Development-- Sustainability Indicators-- Measuring Sustainability-- Sustainability and Energy Efficiency of Chemical Processes-- Eco-efficiency Reporting-- Interpolation for Creating Hydrogeological Models-- Indicators of Sustainable Production-- Remote Sensing as a Tool for Achieving and Monitoring Progress Toward Sustainability.- Summary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540211310 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The objective of the book is to critically evaluate current scientific work on defining the issue of sustainability and on measuring progress towards a sustainable state. It aims to provide a common understanding of how progress towards sustainability can be achieved by optimising technological development, environmental impact and socio-economic factors. A further objective is to identify the major trends in methodologies that assist progress towards sustainability.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540211310 20160528
- Publication date
- 3540211314 (alk. paper)
- 9783540211310 (alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: