Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa : Zulu high sanusi
- edited by Bradford Keeney ; photographs by Kern L. Nickerson.
- Philadelphia, PA : Ringing Rocks Press in association with Leet's Island Books, c2001.
- Physical description
- 181 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Profiles of healing.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 181).
- [CD contents]: Call of the sacred drums (1:48)
- The incredible Credo Mutwa (4:11)
- Nduli (2:11)
- Isindawo (3:43)
- My initiation story (38:29)
- Umtchongolo (3:04)
- Makhosi Asevukile (2:59)
- Sele (3:27)
- Blessing by Vusamazulu (6:31)
- African friends (6:31).
Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa tells the story of his life as an artist, political activist, and healer. Mutwa, the most famous African traditional healer of this century, shares the wisdom of Africa's traditional sangomas and healers in this beautiful volume, which includes an audio CD that captures the prayers, sacred songs, and sounds of the culture. In addition to his works as a healer and champion of native South Africans and their culture, Mutwa is an outspoken artist and critic.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Vusamazulu Credo Muto : high sanusi Zulu healer
- Profiles of healing
- Accompanying compact disc has spoken and music field recordings made by Bradford Keeney and Marian Jenson. All traditional music performed by the Victory Sanquoba Theatre Company.
Browse related items
Start at call number: