Encyclopedia of evaluation
- editor, Sandra Mathison.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage, c2005.
- Physical description
- xxxv, 481 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|H62 .E53 2005||In-library use|
- Mathison, Sandra.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Entries Reader's Guide List of Contributors About the Editor About the Contributors Preface Entries A-W Author Index Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761926092 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- All humans are nascent evaluators. Evaluation has been with us throughout history, and in its modern form has moved from the margins to the centres of organizations, agencies, educational institutions and corporate boardrooms. No longer a specialized, part-time activity, evaluation has become institutionalized, a common practice, and indeed an important commodity in political and social life. "The Encyclopedia of Evaluation" is an authoritative, first-of-its-kind who, what, where, why, and how of the field of evaluation. Covering professional practice as well as academia, this volume chronicles the development of the field, its history, key figures, theories, approaches and goals. From the leading publisher in the field of evaluation, this work is a must-have for all social science libraries, departments that offer courses in evaluation, and students and professional evaluators around the world.The topics covered include: Concepts, Evaluation; Concepts, Methodological; Concepts, Philosophical; Concepts, Social Science; Ethics and Standards; Evaluation Approaches and Models; Evaluation around the World, Stories; Evaluation Planning; Evaluation Theory; Laws and Legislation; Organizations; People; Publications; Qualitative Methods; Quantitative Methods; Representation, Reporting, Communicating; Systems; Technology; and, Utilization. "The Encyclopedia of Evaluation" is an essential reference work for all academic libraries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761926092 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0761926097 (cloth)
- 9780761926092 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: