Free jazz and free improvisation : an encyclopedia
- Todd S. Jenkins.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2004.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (lxxxv, 468 p.) ; 27 cm.
|ML102 .J3 J46 2004 V.1||In-library use|
|ML102 .J3 J46 2004 V.2||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Jenkins, Todd S., 1968-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-J
- v. 2. K-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- The free jazz revolution that began in the 1950s has had a profound influence on both jazz and rock music. Widely misunderstood and even reviled by critics, free jazz represented an artistic and socio-political response to the economic, racial, and musical climate of America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0313298815 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313333130 (v. 1)
- 0313333149 (v. 2)
- 9780313298813 (alk. paper)
- 9780313333132 (v. 1)
- 9780313333149 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: