Encyclopedia of science and religion
- New York : Macmillan Reference ; [Detroit, Mich.] : Thomson Gale, 2003.
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-I
- v. 2. J-Z.
- Publisher description: How do the latest medical developments affect our beliefs in faith's healing power? Can artificial intelligence compare with human consciousness? Are genetic engineers interfering with Nature's work? This reference work deals with these questions and others, examining the issues and the history associated with the complex relationship between science and religion. Articles by scientists of many fields, philosophers and thinkers from all the major world religions present a variety of perspectives on the major scientific discoveries of our time and their effects on our religious belief system.
- Publication date
- J. Wentzel Vrede van Huyssteen, editor in chief.
- 0028657047 (alk. paper)
- 0028657055 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0028657063 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780028657042 (alk. paper)
- 9780028657059 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780028657066 (v. 2 : alk. paper)