Encyclopedia of biological chemistry
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, 2004.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- (Tentative) ABC Transporters-- amine oxidases-- biotin-- cadherin signaling-- diabetes-- elastin-- ferredoxin-- flavins-- galectins-- glycation-- imaging methods-- lectins-- oncocytes-- palmitoylation-- protein databases-- ribosome structure-- secretases-- siglecs-- tyrosine sulfation-- vitamin K-- Zn fingers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Written for a broad, cross-disciplinary audience, the "Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry" addresses the fundamental discipline of biological chemistry underlying virtually all of the life sciences. This compilation of more than 500 different entries encompasses all aspects of biochemistry, as well as the extensions of this subject into the related fields of molecular biology, cell biology, genetics and biophysics. This comprehensive encyclopedia covers all areas of biological chemistry written by more than 500 selected international experts. Articles are generously illustrated including more than 800 images in four-color. Each entry contains a clear, concise review of the topic along with illustrations, a glossary of technical terms and a section for additional reading. Each entry further contains general background and term definitions as well as a comprehensive review of the current research in the field. Students, science journalists and scientists seeking a concise introduction to specific topics will appreciate the clear, tabular format of each entry. It is also available online via ScienceDirect featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. It is a four-volume set with topics arranged from A to Z for easy reference. It contains seven subject areas covering all areas of biological chemistry. It includes over 500 full-color articles of 4-9 pages each. It contains over 1300 illustrations throughout with over 200 tables. A glossary of specialized terms and 'Further Reading' section is provided for every article. It includes entries on the latest research techniques and is appropriate for students, researchers, and professionals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, William J. Lennarz, M. Daniel Lane.
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 0124437109 (set)
- 0124437117 (v. 1)
- 0124437125 (v. 2)
- 0124437133 (v. 3)
- 0124437141 (v. 4)
- 9780124437104 (set : acid-free paper)
- 9780124437111 (v. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 9780124437128 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 9780124437135 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
- 9780124437142 (v. 4 : acid-free paper)