Researching national security and intelligence policy
- Bert Chapman.
- Washington, D.C. : CQ Press, c2004.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 452 p. ; 27 cm.
- Chapman, Bert.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- National security issues are a constant concern in today's world. Accompanying heightened public interest in national security is an increased desire on the part of students, scholars, and professional researchers to learn more about government policy in this area. Written by an ARL librarian, Researching National Security and Intelligence Policy examines and annotates the rich variety of unclassified print and electronic resources available to users studying the formulation of national security policy in the U.S. and throughout the English-speaking world. This guide introduces and analyzes the wealth of national security and intelligence policy information produced by these and other sources: Department of Defense and other Executive Branch agencies; Military, independent, and intelligence agencies; Congress; Commissions and advisory organizations; U.S. and international research institutions; International government organizations; Journals and scholars. Background information on the origins and development of national security policy study in the U.S. is included as are sidebar features that provide unique and useful tips on high-interest topics such as military and defense agency structure, relevant legislation, document classification systems, military protocol, acronyms, and other tidbits that will give readers additional insight into researching national security and intelligence policy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- National security > United States > Study and teaching.
- Intelligence service > United States > Study and teaching.
- Military intelligence > United States > Study and teaching.
- National security > Study and teaching.
- Intelligence service > Study and teaching.
- Military intelligence > Study and teaching.
- Publication date
- 1568028555 (alk. paper)
- 9781568028552 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: