Music and medieval manuscripts : paleography and performance : essays dedicated to Andrew Hughes
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2004.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 438 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
ML170 .M84 2004
- Unknown ML170 .M84 2004
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Publications of Andrew Hughes": p. -427.
- The script reform of Petrarch : an illusion / Albert Derolez
- Tres digiti scribunt : a typology of late-antique and medieval pen grips / Randall Rosenfeld
- Erasures in thirteenth-century music / John Haines
- The musical stanzas in Martin Le Franc's Le champion des dames / Margaret Bent
- Women's lament and the neuming of the classics / Jan M. Ziolkowski
- Baghdadi rhythmic theories and practices in twelfth-century Andalusia / George Dimitri Sawa
- Problems and possibilities in the performance of Trent 93's polyphonic introits / Brian E. Power
- Music, rhetoric, and the Emperor's new clothes / Timothy J. McGee
- Fifteenth-century Yorkshire drama : a hypothesis / Alexandra F. Johnston
- Civic musicians in Wales and the Marches, 1430-1642 / David Klausner
- A few odd visits : unusual settings of the Visitation sepulchri / Carol Symes
- Dufay's motet Balsamus et munda cera and the papal ceremony of the Agnus Dei / Craig Wright
- Origins and affiliations of the pre-Sarum office for Anne in the Stowe breviary / Sherry Reames
- Early cycles of office chants for the Feast of Mary Magdalene / David Hiley
- The Kenilworth missal (Chichester Cathedral, MS Med. 2) / Richard Pfaff.
- Publisher's Summary
- These essays offer a focus on medieval manuscripts from a wide range of perspectives and will appeal to musicologists and medievalists alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by John Haines and Randall Rosenfeld.
- 075460991X (alk. paper)
- 9780754609919 (alk. paper)