Comprehensive molecular insect science
- edited by Lawrence I. Gilbert, Kostas Iatrou, Sarjeet S. Gill.
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2005.
- Physical description
- 7 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
Biology Library (Falconer)
Library has: v.1-
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.1||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.2||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.3||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.4||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.5||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.6||Unknown|
|QL495 .C737 2005 V.7||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Reproduction and development
- v. 2. Development
- v. 3. Endocrinology
- v. 4. Biochemistry and molecular biology
- v. 5. Pharmacology
- v. 6. Control
- v. 7. Indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- The important developments and achievements in modern insect science since the first edition have led to this new revised, expanded and retitled reference work. New chapters in this edition include the ecdysone receptor, lipocalins, bacterial toxins, etc. Each article may also be read independently, as a review of that particular subject. "Comprehensive Molecular Insect Science" also covers new technologies that have been developed since 1985. The Index Volume will help researchers to track specific subjects and particular species of insects cited in several volumes. The work is also available online via ScienceDirect featuring extensive browsing, searching, and internal cross-referencing between articles in the work, plus dynamic linking to journal articles and abstract databases, making navigation flexible and easy. It is the revised edition of critically acclaimed "Comprehensive Insect Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology" (1985, Pergamon Press, 13 Volume Set). It is written by a distinguished international group of contributors, and its well-organized format provides for concise, readable entries, easy searches, and thorough cross-references. It offers complete up-to-date coverage of many important topics - essential information for scientists, students, and professionals alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Earlier edition published under title: Comprehensive insect physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
- Related Work
- Comprehensive insect physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
- 044451516X (set)
- 0444515216 (v. 1)
- 0444515224 (v. 2)
- 0444515232 (v. 3)
- 0444515240 (v. 4)
- 0444515259 (v. 5)
- 0444515267 (v. 6)
- 0444516468 (v. 7)
- 9780444515162 (set)
- 9780444515216 (v. 1)
- 9780444515223 (v. 2)
- 9780444515230 (v. 3)
- 9780444515247 (v. 4)
- 9780444515254 (v. 5)
- 9780444515261 (v. 6)
- 9780444516466 (v. 7)
Browse related items
Start at call number: