Universal principles of design
- William Lidwell, Kritina Holden, Jill Butler.
- Gloucester, Mass. : Rockport, c2003.
- Physical description
- 216 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 27 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Whether a marketing campaign or a museum exhibit, a video game or a complex control system, the design we see is the culmination of many concepts and practices brought together from a variety of disciplines. Because no one can be an expert on everything, designers have always had to scramble to find the information and know-how required to make a design work - until now. This comprehensive, cross-disciplinary encyclopaedia of design pairs clear explanations of every design concept with visual examples of the concepts applied in practice. From the "80/20" rule to chunking, from baby-face bias to Occam's razor and from self-similarity to storytelling, every major design concept is defined and illustrated for readers to expand their knowledge.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781592530076 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- "100 ways to enhance usability, influence perception, increase appeal, make better design decisions, and teach through design"--T.p.
- 1592530079 (paper over board)
- 9781592530076 (paper over board)
Browse related items
Start at call number: