An account of the European settlements in America : in 6 parts ...
- 6th ed., with improvements.
- London : printed for J. Dodsley, 1777.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : fold. maps ; 23 cm.
At the library
- I. A short history of the discovery of that part of the world.--II. The manners and customs of the original inhabitants.--III. Of the Spanish settlements.--IV. Of the Portuguese.--V. Of the French, Dutch, and Danish.--VI. Of the English.
- Publication date
- Vol. 2 includes Pt. VII, British North America.
- Probably the joint work of Edmund and William Burke, but usually attributed to the former, who called himself merely the reviser of his kinsman's work. cf. Dict. nat. biog.; Sabin, Bibl. amer.
Browse related items
Start at call number: