H. R. McMaster papers, 1961-2014
- Physical description
- 181 ms. boxes, 12 oversize boxes, 11 card file boxes, 3 linear ft.
- McMaster, H. R., 1962-
- Speeches and writings, correspondence, notes, manuals, handbooks, studies, reports, instructional materials, printed matter, audiovisual material, and memorabilia, relating to American tank military operations during the Gulf War of 1991, to American military operations during the Afghan War of 2001 and the Iraq War of 2003, and to military science, American military history, and American military policy. Includes photocopies of declassified military documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, and other research material, used in preparation of the book by H. R. McMaster, Dereliction of Duty: Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies that Led to Vietnam (New York, 1997).
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975.
- Persian Gulf War, 1991.
- Afghan War, 2001-
- Iraq War, 2003-2011.
- Tanks (Military science) > United States.
- Military art and science.
- United States > Military policy.
- United States > History, Military.
- United States. Army. Armored Cavalry Regiment, 2nd.
- United States. Army > Officers.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Closed until 2024 June 2.
- Lieutenant general, United States Army; officer, 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, 1990-1991; subsequently director, Concepts Development and Experimentation, Army Capabilities Integration Center.
Browse related items
Start at call number: