The killing screens [videorecording] : media and the culture of violence
- Media Education Foundation.
- Northampton MA : Media Education Foundation, c2002.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (37 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Stories of power
- Happy violence
- Accelerating violence
- Violence is a social relationship
- The lessons of violence
- Citizenship in the cultural environment
- What parents and teachers can do.
- In contrast to the relatively simplistic behaviorist model that media violence causes real-world violence, Dr. Gerbner encourages the viewer to think about the psychological, political, social, and developmental impacts of growing up and living within a cultural environment of pervasive, ritualized violent images.
- Release date
- Production date
- Videodisc release of the 1994 documentary.
- Originally produced in 1994.
- Production Credits
- Executive producer and director, Sut Jhally.
- Presenters: Dr. George Gerbner; Jean Kilbourne.
Browse related items
Start at call number: