Carving the elements : a companion to "The fragments of Parmenides"
- Robert Bringhurst [et al.]
- Berkeley, California : Editions Koch, c2004.
- Physical description
- 138,  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
|Z239 .K62 2004||Available|
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .K73 C37 2004||Gunst Collection|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Robert Bringhurst
- Philosophy & printing in the real West ... / Peter Koch
- Deep in the stone, a conversation about hand-crafted letters / Christopher Stinehour & friends
- Parmenides, craft and being, designing and cutting an archaic Greek typeface / Dan Carr
- Finding the form of an ancient text / Robert Bringhurst
- A dream of pre-socratic color, from Joshua tree to Baudelaire / Richard Wagener
- How is it possible for the "One" to have so many parts? / Daniel E. Kelm
- Binding Parmenides / Peggy Gotthold
- Raven's wine cup / Robert Bringhurst.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- At head of title on front printed paper wrapper: A B [Gamma] [Delta]
- "The Latin text fonts used in this book are Seria and its sister Seria Sans, designed in the Netherlands in 2001 by Martin Majoor. The Greek fonts - Victor Scholderer's New Hellenic, Christopher Stinehour's Diogenes, Dan Carr's Parmenides, and several others - are all identified on pp 92-95. The Chinese font is Monotype Kǎitǐ. The book was edited, designed and set in type by Robert Bringhurst."--Colophon
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: With publisher's notice. Errata slip laid in. Binding: printed wrappers.
Browse related items
Start at call number: