Mystic River [videorecording]
- Warner Bros. Pictures presents in association with Village Roadshow Pictures and NPV Entertainment a Malpaso production ; producers, Clint Eastwood, Judie Hoyt, Robert Lorenz ; screenplay, Brian Helgeland ; directed by Clint Eastwood.
- Uniform Title
- Mystic River (Motion picture)
- English, French. English or dubbed French dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- 3-disc deluxe ed.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 138 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
At the library
Media & Microtext Center
Find it Ask at Media Microtext desk Request (opens in new tab)
Ask at Media Microtext desk
Library has: videodisc 1-
- Eastwood, Clint, 1930-
- Hoyt, Judie.
- Lorenz, Robert.
- Helgeland, Brian.
- Penn, Sean, 1960-
- Robbins, Tim, 1958-
- Bacon, Kevin, 1958-
- Fishburne, Laurence, III, 1961-
- Harden, Marcia Gay.
- Linney, Laura.
- Chapman, Kevin.
- Nelson, Adam.
- Stern, Tom.
- Cox, Joel.
- Hopper, Deborah.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- )
- Village Roadshow Pictures.
- NPV Entertainment (Firm)
- Malpaso (Company)
- Boston childhood friends Jimmy, Sean and Dave are reunited after a brutal murder. Reformed confict Jimmy and his devoted wife Annabeth find out that their teenage daughter Katie has been beaten and killed. Jimmy's old friend Sean is the homicide detective assigned to the case. Jimmy gets his relatives, the Savage brothers to conduct their own investigation. Jimmy and Sean soon suspect their old pal Dave, who now lives a quite life, but harbors some disturbing secrets of his own.
- Publication date
- Based on the novel by Dennis Lehane.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2003.
- Special features: Disc 1: film in widescreen with audio commentary by Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon; Disc 2: "Mystic river: beneath the surface", a documentary with book author Dennis Lehane about the streets of Boston; Bravo's "From page to screen" special on the film; "Charlie Rose" interviews with Clint Eastwood, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Bacon; theatrical trailer, teaser trailer; Disc 3: CD soundtrack: music composed by Clint Eastwood and performed by the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Tanglewood Festival Chorus.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Tom Stern ; editor, Joel Cox ; original music, Clint Eastwood ; costume designer, Deborah Hopper ; production designer, Henry Bumstead ; visual effects supervisor, Mark Freund.
- Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Laurence Fishburne, Marcia Gay Harden, Laura Linney, Kevin Chapman, Adam Nelson, Tom Guiry.
- MPAA rating: R; for language and violence.
- DVD, Region 1, widescreen (2.40:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- Stanford copy 1 (Green): sound disc shelved under call no. ZCD 1404.
- Related Work
- Lehane, Dennis Mystic river.
- Publisher Number
- 33854 Warner Home Video
Browse related items
Start at call number: