Getting science grants : effective strategies for funding success
- Thomas R. Blackburn.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2003.
- Physical description
- xiii, 140 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Q180.55 .G7 B53 2003||Unknown|
- Blackburn, Thomas R., 1936-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 135) and index.
- Preface.The Author.1. Planning for Funding Success.2. Identifying Funding Sources.3. Writing Titles, Abstracts, and Narratives.4. Preparing Budgets and Supporting Information.5. Achieving "Excellence".6. Post-Submission Strategies.7. Managing Your Grants.Resource A: Checklist for Scientific Proposal Writing.Resource B: Companion Web Site.Resource C: For Further Reading.References.Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787967468 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Getting Science Grants" is your hands on guide to writing compelling proposals that will attract funding. Written by Thomas Blackburn a scientist, experienced grantmaker, and consultant this book provides a step by step process for writing grants to support your research projects. "Getting Science Grants" offers you an insider's look at the motivations and inner workings of the scientific grantmaking community. No matter what your scientific discipline, "Getting Science Grants" will help you develop the skills you need to write dynamic proposals and learn the qualities that distinguish outstanding proposals; write each section of the proposal clearly and persuasively; choose the funding agencies that will give you the best chance of winning support; avoid common pitfalls and mistakes when writing proposals; develop productive relationships with funders; reduce the chances of being turned down by funders; and, succeed after securing your grant.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787967468 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Research grants.
- Publication date
- 0787967467 (pbk.)
- 9780787967468 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: