Lab math : a handbook of measurements, calculations, and other quantitative skills for use at the bench
- Dany Spencer Adams.
- Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. : Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, c2003.
- Physical description
- xi, 275 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Adams, Dany Spencer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1: Numbers and Measurements in the Lab Chapter 2: Chemistry by the Numbers Chapter 3: Equipment for Measuring, Counting, and Otherwise Quantifying Chapter 4: Making Solutions Chapter 5: DNA and RNA Chapter 6: Proteins Chapter 7: Statistics and Reports: Collecting, Interpreting, and Presenting Numerical Data Appendix: Reference Tables and Equations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780879696344 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Work at the biology bench requires an ever-increasing knowledge of mathematical methods and formulae. In Lab Math, Dany Spencer Adams has compiled the most common mathematical concepts and methods in molecular biology, and provided clear, straightforward guidance on their application to research investigations. Subjects range from basics such as scientific notation and measuring and making solutions, to more complex activities like quantifying and designing nucleic acids and analyzing protein activity. Tips on how to present mathematical data and statistical analysis are included. A reference section features useful tables, conversion charts and plug and chug equations for experimental procedures. This volume is an excellent, structured source of information that in many laboratories is often scattered and informally organized.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780879696344 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- 0879696346 (alk. paper)
- 9780879696344 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: