Maps, GIS data and geologic report for the Watershed mapping series [electronic resource]. Map set 6, Redwood Creek watershed, Humboldt County, California
- by D.R. Dell'Osso, J.N. Falls and D.J. McGuire ; compiled by S.D. Stadler and K.J. Sorensen.
- [Sacramento] : California Geological Survey, California Dept. of Conservation, c2003.
- Physical description
- 1 CD-ROM : col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Watersheds mapping series ; map set 6
- CGS CD ; 2002-10.
At the library
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|QE89 .D64 2002-10||Unknown|
|QE89 .D64 2002-10||Unknown|
- PDF images of maps include bibliographical references.
- Digital geospatial data sets for two maps (Plate 1, Geologic and geomorphic features related to landslides, and plate 2, Relative landslide potential with geologic and geomorphic features). These maps portray landslides, geomorphic features related to landsliding, relative landslide potential, geology, and stream channel geomorphic conditions in the Redwood Creek watershed, Humboldt County, California. The GIS data are organized into four groups: landslide layers; geomorphology layers; fluvial layers; geology layers.
- Redwood Creek (Calif.) > Maps.
- Faults (Geology) > California > Humboldt County > Maps.
- Landslides > California > Humboldt County > Maps.
- Geology > California > Humboldt County > Maps.
- Landslide hazard analysis > California > Humboldt County > Maps.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Redwood Creek watershed, Humboldt County, California
- Watershed mapping series. Map set 6
- Map Data
- Scale 1:24,000 and 1:62,500; UTM and Teale Albers proj. (W124⁰22ʹ--W123⁰53ʹ/N40⁰25ʹ--N39⁰58ʹ)
- File Characteristics
- Electronic data and programs.
- CGS CD ; 2002-10
- Title from CD surface.
- "June 30, 2003"--CD surface.
- Includes: Report on the geologic and fluvial geomorphic characteristics of the Redwood Creek watershed, California.
- Relief shown by contours.
- "Compilation by Dale R. Dell'Osso, James N. Falls, and Dawn J. McGuire. Digital representation by Sabrina D. Stadler and Kira J. Sorensen."--ReadMeFirst file, p. 1.
- "The data included on this CD-ROM were mapped at a scale of 1:24,000 (1 inch equals 2000 feet), while the geologic data from the town of Orick south to Board Camp was compiled at a scale of 1:62,500 and the geologic data to the north of Orick was compiled at a scale of 1:24,000....Positional accuracy of the map features in this database is not implied at scales larger than 1:24,000 (or 1:65,500 for geologic features south of Orick)."--ReadMeFirst file, page 2.
- File/Data Type
- Digital files (zipped) for 2 maps (ESRI shapefile [.shp] and interchange file [.e00] formats; PDF formats); text files (.rtf, .txt and .pdf formats); software (WinZip 8.1 evaluation version; ArcExplorer viewer; Acrobat Reader 5.0).
- Also available online.
- System requirements: Intel Pentium processor or Macintosh Power PC or later with CD-ROM drive; Acrobat Reader 5.0 (included on disc); ArcExplorer viewer to view ESRI shapefile formats (included on disc); ArcView 3.x, ArcToolbox or workstation ArcInfo to view ESRI interchange file formats; WinZip 8.1 or greater (evaluation version included on disc).
- Included Work
- Report on the geologic and fluvial geomorphic characteristics of the Redwood Creek watershed.
- Redwood Creek watershed, Humboldt County, geologic and geomorphic features related to landslides.
- Redwood Creek watershed, Humboldt County, relative landslide potential with geologic and geomorphic features.
Browse related items
Start at call number: