An atlas of antient geography
- By Samuel Butler, D.D. Author of Modern and antient geography for the use of schools.
- [Philadelphia] : Stereotyped by J. Howe. Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard., 1844.
- Physical description
- , 3-34 p.,  leaves of plates : maps ; 23 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
|O.TX 914.6 .B986 1844||Unknown|
- Atlases (Geographic) > 1844.
- Publishers' advertisements > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia.
- Three-quarter bindings (Binding)
- Publishers' cloth bindings (Binding) > 1844.
- Paper labels (Binding)
- Intaglio prints.
- Annotations (Provenance)
- Bookplates (Provenance)
- Library copies (Provenance)
- Ink stamps (Provenance)
- Local subject
- Cubberley textbook collection.
- Publication date
- Chiefly metal-engraved maps printed on double plates (plates folded at the inner margin). Maps numbered I-XXI. Includes index of place names, p. 3-34.
- "Dr. Butler's atlas of ancient geography"--Metal-engraved title label, affixed to upper cover.
- "Published by Lea & Blanchard Philada."--foot of first double plate. Plates variously signed by engravers P.E. Hamm and J. Yeager.
- Publisher's advertisement,  p. at beginning. Advertisements vary; one state has an advertisement devoted to White's universal history; another state has the advertisement, "Works for schools, colleges, &c. published by Lea & Blanchard." The first work listed in this advertisement is a new edition of Arnott's elements of physics; the last work listed is the Text-book of ecclesiastical history by J.C.J. Geiseler.
- Checklist Amer. imprints 44-1155
- Related Work
- Dr. Butler's atlas of ancient geography.
- United States -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Browse related items
Start at call number: