A new map of the state of California, the territories of Oregon, Washington, Utah & New Mexico [electronic resource].
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [1:6,550,000] (W 130⁰--W 102⁰/N 52⁰--N 30⁰).
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1856 by Charles Desilver in the clerk's office of the district court of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- Early 1857 issue; unlike 1856 issues, this has wider (12 mm) uncolored ornamental border; labels area southeast of Ft. Yumas as "uninhabited region," does not include Bartlett's and Graham's lines in southern Arizona and New Mexico.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- Scanned raster image of original: 1 map : hand col.; 37 x 29 cm.
- Original in the David Rumsey Collection; scanned by Cartography Associates.
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868. New universal atlas ... Philadelphia : Charles Desilver, 1857. p. 37.