Map of the state of California, the territories of Oregon & Utah, and the chief part of New Mexico [electronic resource].
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
- Burroughs, H. N.
- David Rumsey Collection.
- Cartography Associates.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [1:6,600,000] (W 131⁰--W 102⁰/N 52⁰--N 30⁰).
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1845 by H.N. Burroughs in the clerks office of the district court of the eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- Shows "Gold Region" of California but unlike late 1850 issue, not separately colored.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- Scanned raster image of original: 1 map : hand col.; 36 x 30 cm.
- Original in the David Rumsey Collection; scanned by Cartography Associates.
- Wheat, C.I. Maps of the Calif. gold region, 202
- Wheat, C.I. Mapping the transmississippi West, 725
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868. New universal atlas ... Philadelphia : Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., 1851. p. 37.