Hazardous laboratory chemicals disposal guide
- Armour, M. A. (Margaret-Ann)
- 3rd ed.
- Boca Raton, Fla. : Lewis Publishers, c2003.
- Physical description
- 557 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
QD64 .A76 2003
- In-library use QD64 .A76 2003
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Individual entries with information on the safe disposal and handling of spills of more than 300 compounds.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A perennial bestseller, "Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide, Third Edition" includes individual entries for over 300 compounds. The extensive list of references has been updated and includes entries for 15 pesticides commonly used in greenhouses. Emphasis is placed on disposal methods that turn hazardous waste material into non-toxic products. These methods fall into several categories, including acid/base neutralization, oxidation or reduction, and precipitation of toxic ions as insoluble solids. The text also provides data on hazardous reactions of chemicals, assisting laboratory managers in developing a plan of action for emergencies such as the spill of any of the chemicals listed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Margaret-Ann Armour.
- 1566705673 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781566705677 (pbk. : acid-free paper)