Hazardous laboratory chemicals disposal guide
- Margaret-Ann Armour.
- 3rd ed.
- Boca Raton, Fla. : Lewis Publishers, c2003.
- Physical description
- 557 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD64 .A76 2003||In-library use|
- Armour, M. A. (Margaret-Ann)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Individual entries with information on the safe disposal and handling of spills of more than 300 compounds.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A perennial bestseller, "Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide, Third Edition" includes individual entries for over 300 compounds. The extensive list of references has been updated and includes entries for 15 pesticides commonly used in greenhouses. Emphasis is placed on disposal methods that turn hazardous waste material into non-toxic products. These methods fall into several categories, including acid/base neutralization, oxidation or reduction, and precipitation of toxic ions as insoluble solids. The text also provides data on hazardous reactions of chemicals, assisting laboratory managers in developing a plan of action for emergencies such as the spill of any of the chemicals listed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 1566705673 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781566705677 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: