Bioreaction engineering principles
- 2nd ed. / Jens Nielsen and John Villadsen and Gunnar Lidén.
- New York : Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2003.
- Physical description
- xv, 528 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP248.25 .B55 N53 2003||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bioreaction Engineering - From Bioprocess Design to Systems Biology-- From Cellular Function to Industrial Products-- Biochemical Reactions - A First Look-- Thermodynamics of Biochemical Reactions-- Biochemical Reaction Networks-- Enzyme Kinetics and Metabolic Control Analysis-- Modelling of Growth Kinetics-- Population Balance Equations-- Design of Fermentation Processes-- Mass Transfer-- Scale-Up of Bioprocesses.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780306473494 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The present text is an extensively revised edition of the textbook first published in 1994. The quantitative treatment of bioprocesses is a central theme in this book. The book has been restructured to make it more easily accessible to the reader, the material has been updated and several new topics have been added in the text. The focus is on the bioreactor and the processes that occur in the reactor, i.e. the coupling between the reactions occurring in the cell and its environment. The microbial cellular metabolism is the starting point in the treatment. Tools for the quantitative analysis of cellular functions - macroscopic mass balancing, thermodynamics of microbial processes, metabolic network analysis and kinetic modelling - are gradually introduced. After analysis of the cellular reactor, the interaction between the cell and its environment is treated in chapters concerning mass transfer and design of bioprocesses. Finally, the complex subject of scale-up is presented.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780306473494 20160528
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: