Still swingin' [videorecording]
- a production of the Entertainment Group ; producer, Linda Lewis ; director, Christopher Lewis ; writer, John Wooley.
- [San Francisco] : The Video Beat, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc : sd., col. & b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Take me back to Tulsa ; My Prairie pinto ; Sun Bonnet Sue ; Sittn' on top of the world ; Blue prelude ; Lone star rag ; Good old Oklahoma ; Ida Red ; San Antonio Rose / Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys
- Take me back to Tulsa ; Bring it on down to my house ; Faded love ; Ida Red ; Playboy theme / Ray Benson & Asleep at the Wheel
- Lone Star beer & Bob Wills music ; Back in the swing ; Bubbles in my beer ; A maiden's prayer / Tracy Byrd
- San Antonio Rose ; Bob's got a swing band in heaven / Red Steagall and Stonehorse.
- A look at the roots of Western swing music, an American music Phenomenon that rolled out of Texas and Oklahoma in the 1930's. Includes retrospectives of Bob Wills and Johnnie Lee Wills and their bands along with interviews from several original bandmembers. Bonus selections include Bob Wills shorts and soundies of the 1950s and Music, country style (1955).
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- TItle on disc label : Bob Wills history of Western swing
- History of Western swing
- Production Credits
- Editor, Paul Siwel ; photographer, Christopher Lewis.
- Hosted by Red Steagall ; with Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel ; Tracy Byrd ; Stonehorse ; the Texas Playboys ; Eldon Shamblin ; Johnny Gimble ; Leon Rausch.
- DVD format.
- Related Work
- Music, country style.
Browse related items
Start at call number: