Modernism and music : an anthology of sources
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2004.
- Physical description
- viii, 428 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
ML197 .M58 2004
- Unknown ML197 .M58 2004
- Albright, Daniel, 1945-2015
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
- Testing the boundaries between speech and music
- Testing the boundaries between the visual arts and music
- The new music theater
- Fuller universes of music
- New discipline : the twelve-tone method
- Music, social responsibility, and politics
- Testing the boundaries between popular and high art.
- Publisher's Summary
- This work offers not only important statements by composers and critics, but also musical speculations by poets, novelists, philosophers, and others - all of which combine with Daniel Albright's commentary to place modernist music in the context of a broader intellectual history.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- edited and with commentary by Daniel Albright.
- 0226012662 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0226012670 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 9780226012667 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780226012674 (pbk : alk. paper)