Latinos and public policy in California : an agenda for opportunity
- David López and Andrés Jiménez, editors.
- Berkeley, Calif. : Berkeley Public Policy Press, c2003.
- Physical description
- xv, 347 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Latinos in California : population growth and diversity / Belinda I. Reyes
- Rising tides and sinking boats : the economic challenge for California's Latinos / Manuel Pastor, Jr.
- K-12 public education : bedrock or barrier? / Eugene E. Garcia
- Putting the cart before the horse : Latinos and higher education / Patricia Gándara and Lisa Chávez
- Tipping the balance : a flexible, integrated system of adult education / Edward Kissam
- Illness and wellness : the Latino paradox / David E. Hayes-Bautista
- Access to illness care and health insurance / R. Burciaga Valdez
- Latino mental health in California : implications for policy / Kurt Organista and Lonnie Snowden
- Crime and justice : developments in the last twenty years and priorities for the next twenty / José A. Canela-Cacho
- Housing : crisis or opportunity? / Dowell Myers
- Latino political incorporation in California, 1990-2000 / Luis Ricardo Fraga and Ricardo Ramirez
- Conclusion : Latinos and public policy in California : an agenda for opportunity / David López.
- Hispanic Americans > California > Social conditions > 20th century.
- Hispanic Americans > Government policy > California.
- Hispanic Americans > California > Politics and government > 20th century.
- California > Politics and government > 1951-
- California > Social policy.
- California > Ethnic relations.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: