Stanford University, Department of Drama, records, 1905-1974 (inclusive), 1937-1974 (bulk)
- Physical description
- 13 linear feet (18 boxes)
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|SC0690 ACCN 2012-078 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 ACCN 2012-078 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|SC0690 ACCN 2012-086 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 ACCN 2017-176 FLAT BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 ADDITIONAL MATERIAL FLAT BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 1 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 1||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 2||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 3||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 4||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 5||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 6||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 7||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 8||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 9||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 10||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 11||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 BOX 13||In-library use|
|SC0690 SERIES 2 FLAT BOX 12||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Stanford University. Department of Drama
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- The collection includes production books from various plays put on by the department and one box of miscellaneous records including course bulletins, syllabi, departmental pamphlets, and "A Report on the Activities of the Department of Speech and Drama and the Stanford Players, 1939-42." Accession ARCH-2012-078 contains production programs, set designs, water colors, photographs, and copies of purchase orders relating to production.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Accession ARCH-2012-078: Materials are extremely fragile, as they were stored in steam tunnels beneath Memorial Hall for over 60 years.
- The records were received by the Stanford University Archives via administrative transfers from the Department of Drama. Accession ARCH-2012-078: Contractors working in Memorial Hall in 2012 found two boxes of records in an unused steam tunnel under the building. These boxes were labeled "Stanford Players 1937 to 1948" and had clearly been stored there since 1948, or very soon thereafter. The two boxes were in poor condition at the time of discovery. Upon transfer to the Stanford University Archives in 2012, they were immediately sent to conservation, where they were frozen to arrest any further deterioration. Items in the "Additional Materials" series were previously classified in the Stanford University Publications and Ephemera Collection "4digit" collection.
- Related Work
- Stylish silhouettes: selections from the Department of Drama's collection of historic costume.
Browse related items
Start at call number: