Richard Bartle papers, 1979-1997
- Physical description
- 2 linear feet (1 manuscript box, 1 flat box)
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1410 BOX 1||In-library use|
|M1410 FLAT BOX 1||In-library use|
- Bartle, Richard A., creator.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- This collection has been arranged into two series: Series 1. MUD1 (Multi-User Dungeon) Archival Materials and Series 2. MUD1 Source Code. First folder contains Bartle's own notes about the content of the collection. Series 1 contains MUD1 archival material. Notes written by Richard A. Bartle are inserted in the first (unnumbered) folder in the manuscript box. These notes provide information about the contents contained in folders that he numbered 1-32, and arranged in chronological order. Folders 1-32 are dispersed between a manuscript box and flat storage box due to variations in document size. The manuscript box contains original handwritten design notes, maps, and photocopies of files. The flat box contains lineprinter papers, which consists of a MACRO-10 assembler list output for the final version of MUD version 2, maps, an extent log of a MUD session, along with other oversize documents. Series 2, originally a zip file, contained the compressed library of source code files for the online virtual world, MUD1. This digital files are available online through the Stanford University Libraries.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Collection is open for research; materials must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Richard A. Bartle, 2003. Accession 2003-336. 2014. Accession 2014-037.
Browse related items
Start at call number: