Battery technology handbook
- edited by H.A. Kiehne.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : M. Dekker, c2003.
- Physical description
- xx, 515 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Electrical and computer engineering ; 118.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TK2901 .B393 2003||Unknown|
- Kiehne, H. A. (Heinz Albert)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Fundamentals and theory, running techniques, applications, outlook-traction-batteries, stationary batteries and charging methods: electrochemical energy storage, D. Berndt-- batteries for electrical powered trucks, H.A. Kiehne-- power supply conceptsfor driverless industrial trucks, P. Preuss-- batteries for electric road vehicles, H.A. Kiehne-- battery-powered traction - the user's point of view, W. Konig-- safety standards for stationary batteries and battery installations, H. Willmes-- batteries forstationary power supply, H. Franke-- the operation of batteries from the view of the user, U.-C. Stahl-- automobile - starterbatteries, G. Sassmannhausen and E. Nann-- high energy batteries, C.-H. Dustmann (W. Fischer)-- solarelectric power supply withbatteries, H.K. Kothe-- charging methods and techniques - general demand and directions for selection of chargers, E. Wehrle-- technical aspects of chargers and current transformers - methods for supervision, G. Will-- standards and regulations for batteriesand battery - plants, H.A. Kiehne. Portable batteries-- modern portable batteries, an overview and outlook, H.A. Kiehne-- guidelines for selection, dimensioning and use of portable batteries, H.A. Kiehne (W. Raudzsus). Maintenance-free lead batteries withimmobilized electrolyte, H. Tuphorn-- lithium batteries - the latest variant of portable electrical energy, W. Jacobi-- the disposal of portable batteries, J.L. Fricke, N. Knudsen-- history, H.A.Kiehne.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780824742492 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This practical reference remains the most comprehensive guide to the fundamental theories, techniques, and strategies utilized for battery operation and design. It includes new and revised chapters focusing on the safety, performance, quality, and enhancement of various batteries and battery systems. From automotive, electrochemical, and high-energy applications to system implementation, selection, and standardization, the Second Edition presents expert discussions on electrochemical energy storage, the advantages of battery-powered traction, the disposal and recycling of used batteries, hazard prevention, and the chemistry and physics of lithium primary batteries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780824742492 20160528
- Publication date
- Electrical and computer engineering ; 118
- 9780824742492 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: