Principles and practices of commercial construction
- Cameron K. Andres, Ronald C. Smith.
- 7th ed.
- Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Prentice Hall, c2004.
- Physical description
- ix, 549 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- 1. Site Investigation.
- 2. Site Layout.
- 3. Excavations and Excavating Equipment.
- 4. Foundation Layout.
- 5. Foundations.
- 6. Formwork.
- 7. Concrete Work.
- 8. Structural Timber Frame.
- 9. Reinforced Concrete Frame.
- 10. Structural Steel Frame.
- 11. Floor Systems and Industrial Flooring.
- 12. Roof Systems and Industrial Roofing.
- 13. Masonry Construction.
- 14. Curtain Wall Construction.
- 15. Building Insulation.
- 16. Finishing. Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
For courses in Commercial Construction, Building Fundamentals, Construction Methods and Materials, and Introduction to Construction Practices. This classic text provides an overview of the methods, equipment, and materials used in the construction of large commercial buildings. Each chapter covers the principles and practices of a particular aspect of the construction process-from site layout to building finishes-supporting discussions with a wealth of clear, captivating illustrations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: