Transnationalism and new African immigration to South Africa
- edited by Jonathan Crush and David A. McDonald.
- [Kingston, Ont.] : Southern African Migration Project, and Canadian Association of African Studies, 2002.
- Physical description
- iv, 188 p. : map ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Transnationalism, African immigration and new migrant spaces in South Africa: an introduction / Jonathan Crush and David A. McDonald
- Transnationalism and non-South African entrepreneurs in South Africa's small, medium and micro-enterprise (SMME) economy / Sally Peberdy and Christian Rogerson
- The transformation of transnationality among Mozambican migrants in South Africa / Stephen C. Lubkemann
- Gender, farmwork, and women's migration from Lesotho to the New South Africa / Theresa Ulicki and Jonathan Crush
- Citizenship, immigration, and identity in Winterveld, South Africa / Maxine Reitzes and Sivulyile Bam
- We have contact: foreign migration and civic participation in Marconi Beam, Cape Town / David A. McDonald
- Shades of xenophobia: in-migrants and immigrants in Mizamoyethu, Cape Town / Belinda Dodson and Catherine Oelofse
- New African immigration to the Durban region / Brij Maharaj and Vadi Moodley.
- Publication date
- "Contributions in this volume were first presented as a special issue of the Canadian Journal of African Studies (Volume 34 Number 1 2000)"--T.p. verso.
Browse related items
Start at call number: