Animal structure and function
- Cecie Starr, Ralph Taggart.
- 10th ed.
- Pacific Grove, CA : Brooks/Cole a division of Thomson Learning, Inc., c2004.
- Physical description
- xi, p. -804,  : ill. ; 28 cm.
- How plants and animals work
- Animal tissues and organ systems
- Integration and control: nervous systems
- Sensory reception
- Integration and control: endocrine systems
- Protection, support, and movement
- Digestion and human nutrition
- The internal environment
- Principles of reproduction and development
- Human reproduction and development.
- Publisher's Summary
- Part of a set of volumes that investigate the unity and diversity of life, this is a shortened book of selected excerpted texts from Unit VI of "Biology: The Unity and Diversity of Life".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780534397487 20160528
- Publication date
- Originally published as chapters 28, 33-44 in: Biology: the unity and diversity of life. 10th ed.
- Includes index, glossary and appendix.
- Related Work
- Starr, Cecie. Biology : the unity and diversity of life.
- Taggart, Ralph Biology : the unity and diversity of life.
- 0534397484 (pbk.)
- 9780534397487 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: