In the white silence [sound recording]
- John Luther Adams.
- New York, NY : New World Records, p2003.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (75 min., 15 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
- Release date
- Production date
- For celesta, harp, orchestra bells, 2 vibraphones, and strings (divided into string quartet and string orchestra).
- "Like many of Adams's previous works, In the white silence is an example of his concept of 'sonic geography,' through which he attempts to realize the notion of music as place and place as music, and reveals his obsession with the 'treeless, windswept expanses of the Arctic.' The title of the work thus points to Alaskan landscapes in a general sense."--Notes, p. 4-5.
- "Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc."
- Ed. recorded: Taiga Press.
- Compact disc.
- Program notes by Sabine Feisst and the composer, biographical notes on the composer and conductor, and selected discography and bibliography (15 p.) in container.
- Oberlin Contemporary Music Ensemble; Tim Weiss, conductor.
- Recorded in performance Nov. 11, 1998, Finney Chapel, Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio.
- Publisher Number
- 80600-2 New World Records
Browse related items
Start at call number: