20th century coronation music [sound recording].
- [London] : Polydor, p1974.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Circle of sound
- King Edward VII (1902): I was glad / Parry. Confortare / Parratt
- King George V (1911): O hearken thou / Elgar. Sanctus / Alcock. Gloria in excelsis / Stanford
- King George VI (1937): O praise God / Dyson. Let my prayer come up into thy presence / Bairstow. Festival Te Deum / Vaughan Williams
- Queen Elizabeth II (1952): Sanctus, from Communion service in G minor ; O taste and see / Vaughan Williams. O Lord, our Governor / Healey Willan.
- Included Work
- Parry, C. Hubert H. (Charles Hubert Hastings), 1848-1918. I was glad.
- Parratt, Walter, 1841-1924. Be strong and play the man
- Elgar, Edward, 1857-1934. O hearken thou.
- Alcock, Walter G. (Walter Galpin), 1861-1947 Sanctus.
- Stanford, Charles Villiers, Sir, 1852-1924. Festal communion service. Gloria in excelsis.
- Dyson, George, 1883-1964. O praise God in his Holiness
- Bairstow, Edward C. (Edward Cuthbert), 1874-1946 Let my prayer come up into thy presence.
- Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958. Choral music. Selections.
- Willan, Healey, 1880-1968. O Lord, our Governor.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Twentieth century coronation music
- Subtitle from container: Music from the coronations of King Edward VII, King George V, King George VI, Queen Elizabeth II
- Program notes by B.B. Culverhouse on container.
- Choir of Westminster Abbey; Douglas Guest, organ and conductor; Timothy Farrell, assistant organist.
- Publisher Number
- 2383267 Polydor
Browse related items
Start at call number: