Introduction to numerical analysis
- J. Stoer, R. Bulirsch ; translated by R. Bartels, W. Gautschi, and C. Witzgall.
- Uniform Title
- Einführung in die Numerische Mathematik. English
- 3rd ed.
- New York : Springer, c2002.
- Physical description
- xv, 744 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Texts in applied mathematics 12.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Prefaces.- Error Analysis.- Interpolation.- Topics of Integration.- Systems of Linear Equations.- Finding Zeros and Minimum Points by Iterative Methods.- Eigenvalue Problems.- Ordinary Differential Equations.- Iterative Methods for the Solution of Large Systems of Linear Equations.- General Literature on Numerical Methods.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contains a large amount of information not found in standard textbooks. Written for the advanced undergraduate/beginning graduate student, it combines the modern mathematical standards of numerical analysis with an understanding of the needs of the computer scientist working on practical applications. Among its many particular features are: fully worked-out examples; many carefully selected and formulated problems; fast Fourier transform methods; a thorough discussion of some important minimization methods; solution of stiff or implicit ordinary differential equations and of differential algebraic systems; modern shooting techniques for solving two-point boundary value problems; and basics of multigrid methods. Included are numerous references to contemporary research literature.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Numerical analysis.
- Publication date
- Texts in applied mathematics ; 12
- 038795452X (acid-free paper)
- 9780387954523 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: