Excel for engineers and scientists
- S.C. Bloch.
- 2d ed.
- New York : Wiley, c2003.
- Physical description
- xviii, 281 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 computer optical disc (4 3/4 in.)
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: 1 v.
Library has: Supplement: 1 CD-
|TA345 .B56 2003||Unknown|
- Bloch, S. C. (Sylvan Charles)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 274-276) and index.
- Getting Started.Exploring Excel.Excel's Graphics.Quick-Start Math.Differentiation and Integration.Excel's Engineering Functions.Differential Equations.Analysis ToolPak.Excel in the Lab.The following chapters are on the CD only:Complex Math.Analysis ToolPak: Fourier Analysis.Analysis ToolPak: FFT Applications.
- Appendix 1: Workbooks on the Disk.
- Appendix 2: Internet Links.
- Appendix 3: Trendline Equations.
- Appendix 4: Goal Seek, Solver, Lookup Wizard.
- Appendix 5: PivotTable, Internet Assistant Wizard.Bibliography.Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
Using an informal, conversational style, this "how to" book guides beginning students from spreadsheet basics through the robust engineering and scientific applications of EXCEL, including using EXCEL in the lab. Students learn how to compose structured, efficient, documented workbooks with data entry cells, summary results and statistics cells, and commented cells. Throughout the book, they'll find innovative techniques for composing spreadsheets, solving problems, analyzing data, and presenting results that will help them in their courses and professional careers. End-of-Chapter problems not only show how to use EXCEL, they also relate directly to topics in engineering and the sciences. Plus, a CD, which is packaged with the text, contains sample workbooks, links to online EXCEL resources, and text updates via the book's web site.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- System requirements for full functionality of the accompanying computer disc: MS Office XP; may be used with Windows 95, 98, or NT.
- 0555008878 (CD-ROM)
- 0471429430 (international edition)
- 9780471429432 (international edition)
- 9780555008874 (CD-ROM)
Browse related items
Start at call number: